Would these fit my 04 Stinky

PB Forum :: Kona
Would these fit my 04 Stinky
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
brandolikes2bike wrote:
If you're looking to upgrade the fork on your stinky i recomend a Marzocchi 55ata. The fork has adjustable air travel between 120mm-160mm and is more freeride and single crown downhill orriented
I disagree... the 55's are more AM forks... go with a 66
you also DO NOT need adjustable travel on a FR bikeFacepalm
true but the 66's have 180mm of travel and would make the frame more likely to snap?

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 at 10:59 Quote
dont buy new forks, u dont need them, u dont need the extra travel, cos it aint gonna make u any better at riding having like 25mm more travel, u need to get better at riding in general, then when u feel the forks are limiting you then buy some new ones, u are just buying for the sake of buying, but u need to get up ur time on the bike before u get more bits to upgrade.

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
brandolikes2bike wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
brandolikes2bike wrote:
If you're looking to upgrade the fork on your stinky i recomend a Marzocchi 55ata. The fork has adjustable air travel between 120mm-160mm and is more freeride and single crown downhill orriented
true but the 66's have 180mm of travel and would make the frame more likely to snap?
older ones(aka the better ones) have come in 150 and 170.
I have a stinky with 170 and is is perfectly fine

you can stick a 888 on a stinky and still be fine...

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 at 11:18 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
brandolikes2bike wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:

older ones(aka the better ones) have come in 150 and 170.
I have a stinky with 170 and is is perfectly fine

you can stick a 888 on a stinky and still be fine...

yeah, the modern ones can take 888, but the older ones like his is classed as an all mountain bike, rather than a freeride bike, plus before he buys new forks he needs a new stem, chain device and new bars. there is no point on him buyin forks!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011107
Mobile Version of Website