Powered by Outside

Good forks? I paid good money and I don't know how to work on my fork.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Good forks? I paid good money and I don't know how to work on my fork.
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:44 Quote
oh it works and everything but when you pull up you hear... BANG and you lose ur pop energy.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:44 Quote
rockafella wrote:
daaneel wrote:
Dr-Jackal wrote:
It wasn't new but the guy before bairly rode it. And marzocchi says there is nothing wrong with it
argyles are pretty much the best dj fork out in the market right now

also a pound and a bit heavier

its worth it for how it performs

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
i heard argyle steer tube bend even without much abuse, is this true?

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:46 Quote
just an insider tip, Marz wants to keep people on their product so if you send them your old fork you can buy a new fork for cost. Shhhh!

tacobell123 wrote:

Dont believe everything you hear lol.

tacobell123 wrote:

that was only with the 07's because they were made with cro-mo, the newer ones are alu so get anything thats 2008 or above

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
mulchee wrote:
just an insider tip, Marz wants to keep people on their product so if you send them your old fork you can buy a new fork for cost. Shhhh!

2009 i heard suck cause they are made in tawain now instead of italy

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
marzocchi has always had problems with their dampener from the experience i had with them. mine were always topping out and feeling like shit. go rockshox or foxshox

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:48 Quote
mulchee wrote:
lmao i have been a marocchi fan until this peice of junk i might go rock shox now.

fox float 36 rc2 lowered to 90 mill of travel bitch worth every penny if you ask me the best fork on the market

tacobell123 wrote:
mulchee wrote:

2009 i heard suck cause they are made in tawain now instead of italy

yeah i would get 2009 forks from rockshox or fox

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
It wasn't new but the guy before bairly rode it. And marzocchi says there is nothing wrong with it
One of the guy at our shop bought the fist year 4X and had the oposite problem rebound was too slow and he couldn't adjust it, turns out once I opened it up that it was turned to far and jammed up inside. I fixed it buy using a couple of pliers with soft jaws to hold the adjuster rod and piston and forcing it back the other way, thank god it was alum guts and not plastic. He hasn'rt had a problem since.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
mulchee wrote:
lmao i have been a marocchi fan until this peice of junk i might go rock shox now.

i went rochshox. totems are a dream. 55 ata was poo, same with z1's and 66s and 888's i owned

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
pimpedaline wrote:
Dr-Jackal wrote:
One of the guy at our shop bought the fist year 4X and had the oposite problem rebound was too slow and he couldn't adjust it, turns out once I opened it up that it was turned to far and jammed up inside. I fixed it buy using a couple of pliers with soft jaws to hold the adjuster rod and piston and forcing it back the other way, thank god it was alum guts and not plastic. He hasn'rt had a problem since.

i wouldn't bother as you might come across other problems, just get a new fork

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 21:52 Quote
daaneel wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

that was only with the 07's because they were made with cro-mo, the newer ones are alu so get anything thats 2008 or above

uh my pike steer tune is steel will it hold upo the same as and 07 argyle 318

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009560
Mobile Version of Website