Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
harobmx666 wrote:
photo

SUNDAY!

YOU RAWED A SUNDAY?!?!?!?! Evil

haha just messing, looks nice!

hahaha, thanks man!
I was going to rock it flat black, and i have different cranks for it.
Demolition medials, also raw aha

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:53 Quote
theGRIMreaper wrote:
Cavaties wrote:
theGRIMreaper wrote:

ya it'll probably take a few hours from when you start taking your bike apart to when its ready to ride.......after you hang your frame up, spread the remover on and wait about 20-30 minutes before you scrape it off (or you can use a powerwasher if you got one) you may have to put some more remover on if all of it doesnt come off first time....just keep doin it till all the paints off Big Grin ................MAKE SURE TO CLEAR COAT OR YOUR BIKE WILL GET DEATH RUSTED!!! I personally like the gloss clear, but mine is a matte clear coat............hope that helps...good luck!

not all frames some frames are rustproof in and outside

good point, but how do you know if it is? i thought chromolly didnt rust but i saw someone who rawed their s3.5 and didnt clear it, and it got complety death rusted

read the description b4 you buy it usually says

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 3:21 Quote
Cavaties wrote:
theGRIMreaper wrote:
jv86416 wrote:
alright thanks. does it take a long time to do?

ya it'll probably take a few hours from when you start taking your bike apart to when its ready to ride.......after you hang your frame up, spread the remover on and wait about 20-30 minutes before you scrape it off (or you can use a powerwasher if you got one) you may have to put some more remover on if all of it doesnt come off first time....just keep doin it till all the paints off Big Grin ................MAKE SURE TO CLEAR COAT OR YOUR BIKE WILL GET DEATH RUSTED!!! I personally like the gloss clear, but mine is a matte clear coat............hope that helps...good luck!

not all frames some frames are rustproof in and outside

Rawing a frame will remove the rustproof finish.

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
photo

heres mine

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 10:59 Quote
hahaha I'm going to raw my frame today... I'm using a wire brush grinder and some clear coat....I might film a sorta how to thing on it

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
wondering... why do some frames have a darker colour than others when rawed? did you use a tinted paint or what? cause i wanna raw my frame but i dont want it to be shiny silver

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
BKDJ wrote:
wondering... why do some frames have a darker colour than others when rawed? did you use a tinted paint or what? cause i wanna raw my frame but i dont want it to be shiny silver

I'm almost certain that it's just how buffed the metal gets because after rawin my bike today with a wire brush grinder I had to sand the spots I couldn't get at by hand... well these spots are now a lighter colour than the rest of the frame but it still looks pretty good (pics soon)

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 2:13 Quote
the problem i find it that you get rust lines on the frame
and that the clear cot goes kinda crap after 1 week

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
rawed bikes are simply the best looking bikes!!!!!Pimp

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
photo

im aware this is BMX (20") but i felt the need to post my rawed frame,
what you think?

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
photo

needs a chain still.

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
dragoon48 wrote:
photo

needs a chain still.

is that a Fit Prk Sig? i recognise the rims and the frame

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025388
Mobile Version of Website