Powered by Outside

Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:17 Quote
pinkdike wrote:
i have a Transition Bottlerocket. its got 5.5 inch rear travel
i use it for slopestyle, freeride, light downhill, and even tho its kinda heavy at 38 pounds i find that its geo is nice on the dirt jumps and i havent had any problems on them. u can pick one up pretty cheap too.

good luck
have the same bike...rode it at whistlar and.....its so amazing! no flex in the frame, super simple, super strong, not the lightest (37.Cool but it for sure gets the job done! also it has very good solid geo (get the fox 36) and jumps like a champ. also transitin has a great warrenty that they stand by for LIFE. love the bike and love the componey too!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:17 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
afro-99 wrote:
seing as you have no budget try to get a cannondale soft-tail
Why may I ask?
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/aaron-chase-softtail-cannondale-bike-check-2008.html
here's a thing about it

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:19 Quote
the cannondale soft tail is only 3 inch and cant really ride downhill with that, but imma check out the transition bottlerocket looks like a good one compared to rest any other ones?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:21 Quote
Lepe wrote:
the cannondale soft tail is only 3 inch and cant really ride downhill with that, but imma check out the transition bottlerocket looks like a good one compared to rest any other ones?
You could look at other bikes, but none will be as versatile, playful, flickable and versatile (yes I said versatile twice) as the Bottlerocket.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:22 Quote
I personally think the Intense SS is the best bike for all of that. It is meant to DJ and such quite well, and is very similar to the Bottlerocket, more so than any of the others. But the suspension really sets it apart, it will perform much better than the Bottlerocket on DH.
If i had the money the SS would be my choice, SX-T next, and then the Reign XO

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:23 Quote
Lepe wrote:
the bike gets a bad rep for being popular though! love the bike to peaces though. i like my bikes beffey and strong!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:24 Quote
nishnash wrote:
I personally think the Intense SS is the best bike for all of that. It is meant to DJ and such quite well, and is very similar to the Bottlerocket, more so than any of the others. But the suspension really sets it apart, it will perform much better than the Bottlerocket on DH.
If you ride an Intense down stairs it voids the warranty. Transition has lifetime crash replacement.

O+
AlCapone wrote:
nishnash wrote:
If you ride an Intense down stairs it voids the warranty. Transition has lifetime crash replacement.
That is a very good point... lol
I also forgot the wildcard, those are REALLY nice bikes!

intense ss is way too much bike...

Transition Bottlerocket is an amazing choice...

Norco Empire 5 is close second...

nishnash wrote:
the vpp dosent pop off lips as good as single pivot....not consistant like a single pivot but it dose take bumps and rocks better!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
bikenerdy wrote:
santacruz nomad
omg! so true! amazing bike!!!!! i love these actully. great bike

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
nishnash wrote:
the vpp dosent pop off lips as good as single pivot....not consistant like a single pivot but it dose take bumps and rocks better!
Oh k kewl, i dont really SS or Jump at all lol. I was basing it off the Fr standpoint.
And Nomad... erm no thats purely AM/Fr and DH if you set it up right.... Sick bike dont get me wrong, just not SS...

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:27 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
bikenerdy wrote:
santacruz nomad
omg! so true! amazing bike!!!!! i love these actully. great bike
Too much bike for what he wants.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:27 Quote
intense ss is a lot of bike
santa nomad wouldnt be that great in the dirt jumps i think

i was also thinking of the eastern slash 5" air
http://www.eastern26.com/

but havent heard much of it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011010
Mobile Version of Website