Powered by Outside

Is the Shimano Saint any good for downhilling?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is the Shimano Saint any good for downhilling?
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 2:48 Quote
DH PETE: You say the avids sucks, we are plenty of ridders who love them.
I dont think your brake is bleeded good enough, to say its crap is so stupid.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 3:34 Quote
iuulle wrote:
DH PETE: You say the avids sucks, we are plenty of ridders who love them.
I dont think your brake is bleeded good enough, to say its crap is so stupid.

pete is a good enough spanner to know if avid suck or not,and truth be told i wasnt overly happy with avid either.

but this is not avid v's shimano,if you do not like peoples views on certian products then just leave it at that.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 3:47 Quote
pete is a good enough spanner to know if avid suck or not.

What kind of answer is that?
He cant be a good spanner if he say they suck, thats FACT!

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 3:50 Quote
iuulle wrote:
pete is a good enough spanner to know if avid suck or not.

What kind of answer is that?
He cant be a good spanner if he say they suck, thats FACT!

im not getting into an e argumenat over avid,pete is allowed his own views wether you like it or not.

FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
I have juicy 7's on a trail bike and the Saints on my freeride bike..

The 7's are good.... the Saint are AMAZING. In a world of their own.

Until you try the new Saints, you won't understand... so theres no point in arguing.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
bigbenj-08 wrote:
I have juicy 7's on a trail bike and the Saints on my freeride bike..

The 7's are good.... the Saint are AMAZING. In a world of their own.

Until you try the new Saints, you won't understand... so theres no point in arguing.

i have the new saint but missing the rear so cant compare them to my codes i had,what i can say is the build quality is better on the saints for sure.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:52 Quote
I run all the Saint stuff on my Trek Session 10. I have to say that it is quite amazing. I used to run all Sram products (X-O, Avid Juicy 7's etc.). I really liked them and never had any problems but Shimano has really stepped it up with this line of product. Everything is incredible, including the brakes. The only thing that I will change is the shifter, I just like the X-O lever action better.

The brakes are the best brakes that I've ever ridden. They are very sensitive to the pressure you put on them. It's not "all or nothing" like a lot of other brakes out there. They have tons of power but you can control exactly how much you use very easily. I really like that the rotors have a bit of play in them, so a little bit of rub is ok because the rotors can adjust to it.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
how much do the saints weigh?

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:56 Quote
araines1 wrote:
I run all the Saint stuff on my Trek Session 10. I have to say that it is quite amazing. I used to run all Sram products (X-O, Avid Juicy 7's etc.). I really liked them and never had any problems but Shimano has really stepped it up with this line of product. Everything is incredible, including the brakes. The only thing that I will change is the shifter, I just like the X-O lever action better.

The brakes are the best brakes that I've ever ridden. They are very sensitive to the pressure you put on them. It's not "all or nothing" like a lot of other brakes out there. They have tons of power but you can control exactly how much you use very easily. I really like that the rotors have a bit of play in them, so a little bit of rub is ok because the rotors can adjust to it.

you cant run an xo shifter with saint mech.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 8:56 Quote
monkey20 wrote:
how much do the saints weigh?

what brakes,about the same as codes.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
Yeh sorry should have said brakes.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
marquis wrote:
araines1 wrote:

you cant run an xo shifter with saint mech.

are you completely sure? I'm thinking you can since it's a 9 speed no matter which derailleur you have.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
for araines1.

sram runs on 1:1 ratio.
shimano runs on 2:1 ratio.

the cable pull is different so wont work.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
Shimano sucks for downhilling unless you like sheer awesomeness!!!! Saint and new xt never fails man! tup

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 9:13 Quote
marquis wrote:
for araines1.

sram runs on 1:1 ratio.
shimano runs on 2:1 ratio.

the cable pull is different so wont work.

gotcha, didn't think too much about that. Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.112720
Mobile Version of Website