Powered by Outside

Some one help me, Brake problems!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Some one help me, Brake problems!
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
mattrox wrote:
i can barley ride the bike dude, they grip soo bad, but how long would i have to ride it like that for to conform the brakes
That is weird. To me it sounds like the Calipers are Fuc'd, because the Juicy 5's do not have Pad Contact Point Adjustment like the 7's, etc. They should just automatically be good. If they were mine, I would take the caliper off, and I would expand the pads w/ a Flathead screwdriver and try to remount and see what happens.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
mattrox wrote:
owengd97b wrote:
did you squeeze the brake before it was mounted?
yea i lossend all the bolts, and squeezed the lever, then did the bolts up evenly torqued, and it still grabs really bad
Front and rear both rub?

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
wright96 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
owengd97b wrote:
yea i lossend all the bolts, and squeezed the lever, then did the bolts up evenly torqued, and it still grabs really bad
Front and rear both rub?
i have a DJ'er so im only running a rear brake.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
i can barley ride the bike dude, they grip soo bad, but how long would i have to ride it like that for to conform the brakes
That is weird. To me it sounds like the Calipers are Fuc'd, because the Juicy 5's do not have Pad Contact Point Adjustment like the 7's, etc. They should just automatically be good. If they were mine, I would take the caliper off, and I would expand the pads w/ a Flathead screwdriver and try to remount and see what happens.
should i still try your otherr idea, of holding the lever down and just pedal the shit out of it??

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
mattrox wrote:
wright96 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
Front and rear both rub?
does it hit on the top also?

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:13 Quote
wright96 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
wright96 wrote:
Front and rear both rub?
i think it is mainly hitting the sides of the rotor, there is plentay of room at the top.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
mattrox wrote:
owengd97b wrote:

no, read it properly Smile
BEFORE YOU MOUNTED IT - I.E. while it wasn't on the bike tup

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
mattrox wrote:
wright96 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
i think it is mainly hitting the sides of the rotor, there is plentay of room at the top.
Do what I suggested w/ a Flathead screwdriver and see what happens.

cjf1972 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
maybe he could try a new rotor what do you think? do you have another one?

owengd97b wrote:
mattrox wrote:
owengd97b wrote:

no, read it properly Smile
BEFORE YOU MOUNTED IT - I.E. while it wasn't on the bike tup
oh no i didnt, i know that locks the pads together, but they are not lock together..

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
wright96 wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
yea i have tried a hayes 6' rotor which is perferctly straight, and i have tried a 6' avid rotor which is the same perfectly straight..

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
wright96 wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
I think that he should try the screwdriver first... maybe he did not do it, but it sounds like someone squeezed them with the wheel off or something.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
wright96 wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:

I think that he should try the screwdriver first... maybe he did not do it, but it sounds like someone squeezed them with the wheel off or something.
yea ok ill try the screw driver thing right now im beside my bike here.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
wright96 wrote:
Do what I suggested w/ a Flathead screwdriver and see what happens.
I would try this also

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
maybe try letting a little brake fluid out?? i did that with my hayes 9 and it seemed to work. just don't let too much out. i f*cked up and let to much out the first time and had to bleed them :X
only like 2 drops, seriously

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012698
Mobile Version of Website