What tires should i get for street for Street and DJ riding.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What tires should i get for street for Street and DJ riding.
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 5:47 Quote
To be honest 2.3 / 2.6 tyres for DJ and street is a bit excessive, but if thats what you really want then Holy Rollers are the best.

I ride DJ and street aswell though, and swapped my Holy Rollers for Schwalbe Tabletops, which are 2.25 i think. Holy rollers are heavy, and iv noticed alot of difference since changing the tyres.

I havent tried the Kenda small block 8's, or Intense micro knobbies, but they both have alot of good stories, and people seem to like them.

Moto Diggers and RT's are also good.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 7:29 Quote
I am running the 2.3 Schwalbe Crazy bobs for street and dirt. They are awesome. Excellent grip in the parks. I had holy rollers and washed out with em a few times. Never even a slip with the crazy bobs. I like to looks of the intense micro tires but have never riddin them. Look good for dirt though. The bobs are super smooth on the 26. And has a big side to side tread wrap. here is a pic of mine from behind for a close up of the tread.

photo

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
sabtaj1 wrote:
I am running the 2.3 Schwalbe Crazy bobs for street and dirt. They are awesome. Excellent grip in the parks. I had holy rollers and washed out with em a few times. Never even a slip with the crazy bobs. I like to looks of the intense micro tires but have never riddin them. Look good for dirt though. The bobs are super smooth on the 26. And has a big side to side tread wrap. here is a pic of mine from behind for a close up of the tread.

photo

mate you ever riden them on the dirt. ny good?

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 9:05 Quote
tioga fs 100 2.1
schwalbe table top sport 2.25
dmr moto rt 2.2/2.4

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
Micro knobbies!!! good for hardpack dirt and street

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 9:31 Quote
I've had the 2.25 Intense micro knobbies for the last 2 months and haven't been let down yet. Super smooth on street and no washouts in dirt.Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u220/evildoug/2009_0416Image0016.jpg

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 10:03 Quote
I have riddin my crazy bobs on street n dirt. They are great in dirt. I mostly ride alot of street and park. And dirt jumping. At the park they are the shiz-nit! Im not sayin the others are bad, never riddin the others. Plus the price of the Bobs arent bad either. I do think the intense micros look sweet. reminds me of the tires on my r/c car. LOL. I think they would wear faster than my crazy bobs though.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
DMR moto rt are my personal favourites as i find no real problem with them apart from they sometimes slip on the front wheel if you lean into a berm/corner too hard.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
thetoe wrote:
maxxis holy rollers, they come in 2.4
+1 Smile
Great grip on both street and dirt.
And they feel so smooth when pumped hard.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
for more of the dirt side I would pick DMR Moto Diggers or RTs
the DMR transition is pretty good if your gonna be doing a bit more street

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
I prefer table tops to holy rollers, alot lighter and more grip.
i wouldnt mind trying the micro knobbies though.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
i ride a small block 8 and a k-rad, they're a lot lighter than the holy rollers, tho the holy rollers are better if you're doing pretty much just dirt. k-rad is pretty smooth and lasts a while, and the small knobbies on the SB8 make it pretty good for a front tire 2 cents

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 10:12 Quote
I found that the Small block 8s wear very very quickly. Maybe I just had a couple from a bad batch but probably wouldn't buy another set.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014644
Mobile Version of Website