Would you hit this drop? or is it not well built enough?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Would you hit this drop? or is it not well built enough?
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 5:05 Quote
DiogoDC wrote:
hells no on the first one

if you wana build it up and not tough it then make sure that whats holding u up goes under by a bit it seems solid for like a day to ride but if your going to hit it more than once id suggest u reinforce it

there are 5 stakes in about 1and a half feet, they are fairly solid but if u think they may fall then i may back them up with some more stakes, cheers,
ren

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 5:18 Quote
You will never no unless you hit it, Don't be scared of falling. If your gunna fall, your gunna fall either way. But it looks okay!

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 5:30 Quote
Looks good man, perfectly built stunts take the fun out of it. Im not sure about that "wallride" I prob call that a "broken fenceride" but id hit that too.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
DARKSTAR63 wrote:
Looks good man, perfectly built stunts take the fun out of it. Im not sure about that "wallride" I prob call that a "broken fenceride" but id hit that too.
lol

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 5:57 Quote
iCloudz wrote:
You will never no unless you hit it, Don't be scared of falling. If your gunna fall, your gunna fall either way. But it looks okay!
lol, i have hit it twice, il guna add a few stakes either side and build a wooden landing ramp for it, then hit it agen/

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 6:07 Quote
marinrockyridge wrote:
iCloudz wrote:
lol, i have hit it twice, il guna add a few stakes either side and build a wooden landing ramp for it, then hit it agen/
did you dig the holes for the pilings or did you pound them into the ground, they could go a bit deeper than 1.5ft or w/e you said, most fences are piled down to 3ft deep, and they still wiggle a bit, other than that it looks sweet, the gate, well that's original for sure

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
giantgl0ryh0le wrote:
marinrockyridge wrote:
iCloudz wrote:
did you dig the holes for the pilings or did you pound them into the ground, they could go a bit deeper than 1.5ft or w/e you said, most fences are piled down to 3ft deep, and they still wiggle a bit, other than that it looks sweet, the gate, well that's original for sure

we pounded them in, with a skedg hammer, then hit the ground around the base with the sledge hammer so it compacted the ground around it, then it was fairly solid.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
marinrockyridge wrote:
DiogoDC wrote:
hells no on the first one

if you wana build it up and not tough it then make sure that whats holding u up goes under by a bit it seems solid for like a day to ride but if your going to hit it more than once id suggest u reinforce it

there are 5 stakes in about 1and a half feet, they are fairly solid but if u think they may fall then i may back them up with some more stakes, cheers,
ren

lol just looked at it again it should be solid then i suggest u just wire wrap that top piece tho nice lookin drop

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 10:55 Quote
construction method is a bit odd... I would have built it differently but I'm known for hitting sketchy shit so I would definately give it a go...

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
...that's not as much of a wallride as it is an off-camber ladder.

I like how you improvised though.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014009
Mobile Version of Website