Powered by Outside

Hubs, give me help...

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hubs, give me help...
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 17:34 Quote
It means he got it right. Dead on. Exactly.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 17:42 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
It means he got it right. Dead on. Exactly.
yea but what does his comment mean? i didnt really understand it

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
ok first loosen the axle nuts and remove the wheel from the bike. Then remove the axle nuts themselves. Look at the hub and you'll see another nut on the axle which gets pinched to the inside of the frame while the nut you just took off pinches to the outside of the frame.

So you need to tighten that nut on the inside, but to do so you need some thin wrenches (cone wrenches/spanners) because its actually two nuts tightened together so they don't move on the axle, and one of the nuts is really thin so a thin wrench such as a spanner is needed. If you don't have one, best go to the bike store, they'll do this for cheap and you can buy a cone wrench/spanner there too

Edit- sometimes there is a rubber seal thats covering the inside nuts(cones and cups) so you have to pry it off with a screw driver. I think in one of your pictures it shows such a seal.

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
lafalot wrote:
ok first loosen the axle nuts and remove the wheel from the bike. Then remove the axle nuts themselves. Look at the hub and you'll see another nut on the axle which gets pinched to the inside of the frame while the nut you just took off pinches to the outside of the frame.

So you need to tighten that nut on the inside, but to do so you need some thin wrenches (cone wrenches/spanners) because its actually two nuts tightened together so they don't move on the axle, and one of the nuts is really thin so a thin wrench such as a spanner is needed. If you don't have one, best go to the bike store, they'll do this for cheap and you can buy a cone wrench/spanner there too

Edit- sometimes there is a rubber seal thats covering the inside nuts(cones and cups) so you have to pry it off with a screw driver. I think in one of your pictures it shows such a seal.
ok im gunna keep these instructions, are you sure it will work

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
yes it will work. Look, i can see the inner nut that you have to tighten in this pic. It's that nut right above your smallest gear.
photo

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.069565
Mobile Version of Website