Powered by Outside

How to make rear hubs loud

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
How to make rear hubs loud
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 6:54 Quote
It will become loud overtime as the grease comes out, if you want, its not very good for the hub, but try cleaning it out an putting triflow in there, you can get that at your local bike shop too! AND it wWill be VERY LOUD, HOWEVER I do not suggest you do this, I suggest you go get some yellow lithium grease and put alot of that in it, then it will purr instead of click, and that sounds MUCH better.Wink Also a hub WILL NOT alert somebody to you coming down the path! it is not loud enough no hubs are, the wind and the forest an all that stuff will absorb the sound, do the card trick, it will sound like a motorbike coming down the trail. Or use a water bottle, and stick that in your seatstay yoke!2 cents

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 20:51 Quote
specialkg22 wrote:
you realized that you wouldnt be able to hear a loud hub up ahead of you? It wouldnt do anything. And if these trails are for people that walk as you say..you shouldnt be "ripping" down them. Thats when the mountain bike scene gets a negative vibe. So we can solve your problem by just not doing it.

Well maby its the other way around, I ride on donwhill tracks and other walkers and people have a geez around and stand in the middle of the track or walk the dogs and sometimes i cant see them.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
wesley1234567 wrote:
specialkg22 wrote:
you realized that you wouldnt be able to hear a loud hub up ahead of you? It wouldnt do anything. And if these trails are for people that walk as you say..you shouldnt be "ripping" down them. Thats when the mountain bike scene gets a negative vibe. So we can solve your problem by just not doing it.

Well maby its the other way around, I ride on donwhill tracks and other walkers and people have a geez around and stand in the middle of the track or walk the dogs and sometimes i cant see them.
now why the hell would people be walking on a dh run?

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
man that happens all the time at my trails. i even get people riding there horses down my runs.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 21:13 Quote
the only real noisey hubs are bmx hubs and single speed hubs(some ss hubs)

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 21:21 Quote
YELLING WILL WORK BETTER THEN ANY HUB Yell before you enter corners and around drops so they know your there

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 23:07 Quote
Try it when u ride every single corner yell and every jump yell, and eventually u will quit riding and ye even horses come down my tracks.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 23:24 Quote
iam pretty sure you just want a load hub because there sick... not because of people and horses... and like everybody said yelling will help, not around every corner or every jump or drop.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 0:35 Quote
The Pro 2 is already pretty much the loudest damn hub made.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 8:27 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
The Pro 2 is already pretty much the loudest damn hub made.

To my knowledge, the 2 loudest I have come acroo is, enduro i9, which sounds like shit, and a DT HugI with no grease, those actually are f*cking crazy.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 8:29 Quote
In the bmx world, we take apar the hub and bend the pawls up, that makes it loud as f*ck.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 12:13 Quote
this hub is good? http://www.3dwhite.lt/?click=b235cc1a08e36f41765c29363bce1ca6

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 12:15 Quote
i have ringles on the rear and the are loud

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 1:21 Quote
nickwhite wrote:
In the bmx world, we take apar the hub and bend the pawls up, that makes it loud as f*ck.

SAY WAH
how did you do that?

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 1:25 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

SAY WAH
how did you do that?

Springs, perhaps? You can bend the springs to make them push harder against the pawls, snapping them back against the driver with authority.

Authority and chipped pawls, that is.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013773
Mobile Version of Website