Powered by Outside

Sunday new wave build... Whaddya think? :D

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Sunday new wave build... Whaddya think? :D
O+
Posted: May 8, 2009 at 23:14 Quote
thanks, its sorta trendwhore, but i try Smile

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 0:34 Quote
I don't see the point in putting that fork on a Sunday...

Other than that, I don't really like the colors on it right now (maybe it's the stickers). But it sounds solid-ish.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
I don't see the point in putting that fork on a Sunday...

Other than that, I don't really like the colors on it right now (maybe it's the stickers). But it sounds solid-ish.

Just because it's a Sunday doesn't mean it has to be a burly street build man, I am super easy on bikes, and that fork is a huge weight saver, and has a lifetime warranty, and i saw the sunday on sale, so i got it, i was planning on a fit dak originally... and the stickers do look really lame... The bars won't be purple rain for long, I'll paint em gloss black, and it will be all black with a few red accents

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
I have been looking at the shadow conspiracy stun rear rim (rota laced to a rant hub)
Primo mix cassette rear wheel
And an still considering the odyssey v3/hazard lite wheel

I could get a primo or stun right away, but I would have to wait for 3ride to get the odyssey back in stock, which wheel should I go for? I have heard good things about primo hubs, and I've heard rota rims are strong as shit... I really like odyssey, but I'm considering the other two for availability reasons (I really wanna get my bike together SOON) so if I decide not to wait for the odysseys, would you suggest a primo or shadow rear rim?

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
You should build up your own wheelset.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
What sorta wheel build would you suggest? I want basically bombproof hubs that will last forever, and I want the rims to be on the lighter side (I'm super easy on parts so the lighter the better)

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:29 Quote
Price range?

Gsport Ratchet rear
Gsport Marmoset front
Odyssey 7KA rims
DT Swiss spokes

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
That's a sick wheel build, but, I would have to save up for a month or two, I want something pretty light, I know that g sport hubs are light and so are the odyssey rims, but there are lighter hubs than the g sports... A vandero is pretty light for the front.... And would the ratchet be a hub that would last like, forever? Because some high quality hubs (profile cough** cough**) have been known for crapping out

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
Oh... And the hoops can be not the strongest you can buy, I'm going for weight over strength here

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:39 Quote
Definitely the next hub I buy! The 7KA's are only 17oz. You could get Rhyno lites if you want lighter.

[Quoten]RATCHET HUB FEATURES:

1. Hollow 20mm axle system, as proven on the Homer hubs. Over twice as strong as a solid 14mm axle. Lifetime warranty against bending or snapping, even if it gets run over by a truck.
2. NEW custom hollow 14mm thread bolts, with a 17mm hex head and broached for a 6mm allen-key for maximum compatibility.
3. Oversized cartridge bearings for the hub itself as proven on the Homer hubs. Rated at over half-a-ton each.
4. Threadless press-on collar system for bearing and driver retention. Nothing to adjust or come loose. Again, as well proven on the Homer hubs.
5. Square tooth-profile ratchet-ring and symmetrical one-piece driver for easy left/right hand drive switching.
6. Three (the optimum number) over-size, high-precision, individually-sprung, pawls that work simultaneously. Fully retained to prevent "wandering" and to simplify cleaning without the risk of loosing parts.
7. One-piece drivers down to 10-tooth running on high-load capacity needle roller bearings. Run your chain as tight as you like and NEVER blow a driver bearing.
8. Angled spoke flanges for the absolutely ideal spoke line. If you need a spoke guard, then you need a spoke guard. Fancy machine-work and limited lacing options will not change this.

Most of the problems with existing cassette hubs stem from the axle bending. Not just bending when you land hard or use pegs, but even the gentle bend they sometimes adopt just to match your slightly bent or crooked frame. Using the 20mm Homer axle system that has proven itself so well over the years that it will eliminate this problem a single stroke.

Other problems typically stem from poor driver/pawl tolerancing, or simply everything being made "too small". By concentrating all our efforts on making one set of three oversize, rock-solid, reliable pawls, the Ratchet hub will avoid these issues too. There are dozens of little design details that have gone into making the Ratchet Hub the most carefully excuted "cassette" to date, and we're confident that they will shine through when it comes to the hub's function and performance.

-Gsport[/Quoten]

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
It sounds like a super sweet hub!! But the 20 mm axle... Will it fit in a 14 mm dropout? And is 10t the smallest driver? Because I just bought a 25 tooth sprocket... And a 10t will be too easy to pedal I think..

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
Yes, It is made for 14mm frames and 10t is the smallest driver.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:54 Quote
That sucks... If they had a 9 t driver, I would forsure be into getting one... I think for simplicitys sake, and being able to ride my bike soon, would be to buy a wheelset... Any suggestions on a complete rear wheel? Or which of the two I mentioned before (primo or shadow) is a better rear wheel?

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 21:19 Quote
konastinky37 wrote:
The bars won't be purple rain for long, I'll paint em gloss black, and it will be all black with a few red accents

You know what else comes in all black with red accents? Regular Lumberjacks. Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011302
Mobile Version of Website