Powered by Outside

How do you drift?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How do you drift?
Posted: May 8, 2009 at 14:44 Quote
The-Hoff wrote:
ok then. is this something i can practice at a moderate speed or do i need to be going quite fast to make it happen?

In My Opinion

find a nice berm and spend a couple hours there lol, just keep going faster and faster and pump harder and harder and eventually your tire will slide, take the tips that people have said here, and practice.

but you cant really drift at low speeds.

unless you slam your brake.. which is ugly, but do what you want,

what ever puts a big smile on at the end of the day lol

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
ok then. Thanks for all the help.

There are no berms where i live lol. The couple we did have got destroyed by farmers :@. but i do know a big dusty loose corner at the bottom of a hill which looks perfect.

I'll go there tomorrow and give it another go and try and get a video to show you guys how it goes. and if i can drift like sam hill one day i know who to thank Wink haha

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
get ready to eat shit

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
already have, first time i tried. ruined a new pair of jeans too. Probably shouldnt of been wearin them haha

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
haha, made me laugh you goddam pesimist!

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
i consider myself more of a realist but whatever. but really good luck.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 6:59 Quote
Had a go today but dont think i did very well.

The back steps out a few times but not sure if it counts as a drift, but every time i tried to go fast the front washed out. Is that something normal that just needs compensating for?

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/75469/

Any tips now youve seen.

I know they are terrible, please dont rub it in

FL
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 7:16 Quote
The-Hoff wrote:
ok then. is this something i can practice at a moderate speed or do i need to be going quite fast to make it happen?

the only way is flatout, i find that i dont try and drift just the faster i go the more i drift

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 7:24 Quote
The-Hoff wrote:
Had a go today but dont think i did very well.

The back steps out a few times but not sure if it counts as a drift, but every time i tried to go fast the front washed out. Is that something normal that just needs compensating for?

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/75469/

Any tips now youve seen.

I know they are terrible, please dont rub it in

your body position needs a bit of work- concentrate on getting proper sam hill at the front- shoulders forward elbows out- keep one foot out to giv yourself confidence and look at the exit of the corner- you'll get it pretty soon.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 7:38 Quote
watch some fast and furious, play some gran torismo and put slick tyres on your bike. you'll be an expert before you know it

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
I don't know if this has been said but - If you pump up your rear tire so it's really firm and let the front tire down it will help. It improves your grip at the front and decreases the grip at the back. Making it easier to get the rear end out.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
Thanks for the tips. Ill give it another go tomorrow and ill defiantly try the tyre idea, work on my position and go faster

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
ok, will do.

Ive also got one on my phone of me a few days ago stacking it quite badly on my first attempt but can get it on my pc. ill see what i can do and might be on pinkbike sometime soon, great commentary from my mate too, even with his terrible language haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010541
Mobile Version of Website