Powered by Outside

What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
things that annoy me are people who break/wreck your hard work (i spent like 30 hours building a 35 foot long ladder bridge with a 7 foot drop at the end and some dick smashed it) also stupid hikers who walk over the lip of your jump and wreck it so theres no kick to it and also stupid hikers/walkers who try and tell you how to build jumps better which is funny cause i have been building jumps since i was 7 years old and they have no experience and people who just complain in general cause they have nothing better to do with there lives even thought we aren't hurting anyone besides are selfs when we crash Smile

but then again there are people who think what me and my buddys are building are great and we should keep up the good work.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 23:24 Quote
when walkers/hikers get mad at you for making new trails and "disturbing the forest floor". hey f*ck head - the trail you're walking on wasn't always there and you'd be more mad if I came ripping down your "walking" trail on my bike and hit you. I wanna build trails for bikes, shut your mouth and keep walking

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 23:27 Quote
btw i don' thave a problem with running out of supplies i have connections Rolleyes Rolleyes

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 1:11 Quote
I hate it when there are little kidzz who try to jump, crash, screwing the jump and landing.
And then you have the wannabe gangsters, with their stupid music and silly bikes...

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 4:06 Quote
Having it dry for weeks... Then it raining really hard and flooding the trails, making them un-diggable and un-rideable. Also having lazy builders who just want to ride, not contribute to the trails.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 4:15 Quote
c2crider wrote:
Having it dry for weeks... Then it raining really hard and flooding the trails, making them un-diggable and un-rideable. Also having lazy builders who just want to ride, not contribute to the trails.

Hahaha I just have to post my picture again, in order from wettest to dryest. FLOODED!
photo

photo

photo

FL
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 4:18 Quote
JustRideP3 wrote:
suicidedownhiller wrote:
Dry dirt, Packing the dirt, making jumps taller without all the dirt rolling down the side, Running into rocks under the dirt, and digging them up to find like a pyramid you now have to move, or never hit the jump again, so you have to call a crane ect...lol Trails lasting a week tops.

Oh, and cutting through legless lizzards make me sad. Such a sick creature. Any one else see these?

a snake?

Snake is a different creature - A legless lizard is a sloe-worm. They are awesome!

O+
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Umm when I'm out building, I want it to rain. Nothing crappier than having to put your dirtjumps on hold because the dirt is too dry.
where i live, our dirt is always wet. rain just soaks us to the skin and turns everything to mud.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Umm when I'm out building, I want it to rain. Nothing crappier than having to put your dirtjumps on hold because the dirt is too dry.
where i live, our dirt is always wet. rain just soaks us to the skin and turns everything to mud.

dry dirt? you're living in luxury man... my place is next to a river... probably wasn't the best choice of location but its my back yard so i dont really care, we never have dry dirt... ever, its nearly always nasty thick mud thats next to impossible to ride on

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
zaidmac wrote:
When a giant 3 foot thick tree falls on your trail making the best jump unrideable.

turn it into some kind of north shore obstacle, put a little ramp up onto it and ride along it... or just cup it up a bit, stack the ends on top of each other and make a big ass jump Smile

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:15 Quote
when your friends only want to ride but never build, and when its all done they just mooch off your trail.Mad

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:16 Quote
zaidmac wrote:
When a giant 3 foot thick tree falls on your trail making the best jump unrideable.

F*ck man, I know what your saying, that happens all the time eh.. Wink

But no, weve cut down a tree before and it nearly crushed the first two jumps.

Other than that, bugs, little kids, and my retarded biking friend German Josh all annoy me.

And yes, that is his landline number in his user name.. lol

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:17 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
c2crider wrote:

Hahaha I just have to post my picture again, in order from wettest to dryest. FLOODED!
photo

Everytime i see these pics it makes me think that at least im not the only one with waterlogged trails!

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
dog walkers they are so annoying and flies all ways im my face Really Mad

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018043
Mobile Version of Website