PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hydraulic brakes that are good for horizontal drop outs
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
PilotRowdy wrote:
specializederic wrote:
PilotRowdy wrote:
I have a Specialized p3 with a Shimano SLX brake and there is never anything wrong with it and I've had it for about 9-10 months. But if you don't want a Shimano then you should go with the Juicy 5 or 7.
ok, do you know if they will work fine?
Yeah, both the slx and juicy 5 or 7 will work exellent Smile

the juicys are shit, i had to bleed mine every week, they lost all their power after putting my bike on the lift, had no power, inconsistent. i hate the juicy, get the elixer or the slx

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
z-man wrote:
PilotRowdy wrote:
specializederic wrote:

ok, do you know if they will work fine?

the juicys are shit, i had to bleed mine every week, they lost all their power after putting my bike on the lift, had no power, inconsistent. i hate the juicy, get the elixer or the slx
Well my juicy 3, which is bottom end, worked amazing aside from the fact that the rotor catches. I havent had to bleed it since I got it.

FL
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:09 Quote
specializederic wrote:
z-man wrote:
PilotRowdy wrote:

Well my juicy 3, which is bottom end, worked amazing aside from the fact that the rotor catches. I havent had to bleed it since I got it.
that's cause you have it on a dj bike in onterrible. i had mine on a DH bike in whistler, big difference.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:10 Quote
I have a juicy 3 on my .243 FR and the rotor doesnt catch..And it didnt on my Havoc either.

FL
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:13 Quote
it's called centering your calipers. not to challenging

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
z-man wrote:

He's not talking about brake drag, it's when he removes the wheel.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:54 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
z-man wrote:

He's not talking about brake drag, it's when he removes the wheel.
exactly, and now with my new wheel I had to add a link so its all the time. The caliper is centered perfectly.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:55 Quote
z-man wrote:
specializederic wrote:
z-man wrote:

that's cause you have it on a dj bike in onterrible. i had mine on a DH bike in whistler, big difference.
Good point, if I were downhilling in whistler I'd likely pick something else too.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
specializederic wrote:
z-man wrote:
specializederic wrote:

Good point, if I were downhilling in whistler I'd likely pick something else too.
i have a juicy 3 on my downhill bike. they work good for me..... i think every brake is different and sometimes you gotta just say shit happens.....

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
never had a problem using juicy 7 or bb7 on my suburban with horiz. drops. on my old p.2 i may have had to use a bigger stack height on the spacers to set the caliper out from the mounting bracket to get the rotor to clear on the juicy 7's. not a big deal, really.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017381
Mobile Version of Website