Powered by Outside

I want to run brakeless but i live on a hill... anyone else with this problem?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
I want to run brakeless but i live on a hill... anyone else with this problem?
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
Leave the brakes on and then bring a little wrench in your bag loosen the cable and then in a few seconds, your brakeless.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 10:31 Quote
DH-Til-I-Die wrote:
Solution! Plant trees Smile
wait..what?Confused

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 10:31 Quote
im gonna put it this way... i know its personal prefrence but this is what i recommend

Brakeless: if your driving to your street spots (pros) and driving to the skatepark your fine.

Brakes: If your commuting to places and riding through traffic/hills.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 10:32 Quote
if you are even asking this you are probably only wanting to hear someone say no

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 0:49 Quote
professor-pedal wrote:
DH-Til-I-Die wrote:
Solution! Plant trees Smile
wait..what?Confused

Trees to crash into maybe?

And to the guy who said take them off when you get to the park, its a valid point but imo definitely not worth the hassle of setting them up just to take them off again at the park.

just commit one way or another.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 1:11 Quote
for all the people saying that they hate riding brakeless, I can honestly say I hate riding brakes. they have little control and are difficult or even expensive to maintain. I have no control issues, and I can actually react to emergency situations fast enough to avoid them 99.9 percent of the time. and if you argue, "what about that point zero one percent?" then let me tell you. if you are that afraid of living, kill yourself now. brakeless might take some time to get used to, but in the end it will make you a better rider, and shoe/tire companies will ADORE you.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 1:20 Quote
solution - foot in tire

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 1:25 Quote
i live in az and theres ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of hills and i ride the streets my brakes broke so i just run brakeless but if u have the money for new shoes then ya but ive been runnin brakeless for about 3 weeks and my shoe is fine

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 1:37 Quote
Tribikefarce wrote:
for all the people saying that they hate riding brakeless, I can honestly say I hate riding brakes. they have little control and are difficult or even expensive to maintain. I have no control issues, and I can actually react to emergency situations fast enough to avoid them 99.9 percent of the time. and if you argue, "what about that point zero one percent?" then let me tell you. if you are that afraid of living, kill yourself now. brakeless might take some time to get used to, but in the end it will make you a better rider, and shoe/tire companies will ADORE you.

LOLWUT? Little control? What do you mean about that? Of course there is 'little' control... All it is, is 2 arms being pulled together, by a cable, which is triggered by you pulling the lever... Actually, brakes are pretty easy to maintain. Expensive? Not really... For the set up, maybe, but overall. Not at all... The better rider thing, that is not always true, just sayin'.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 6:24 Quote
I knew this thread would of turned into a brake/brakless argument. get over yourself its personal prefrence.

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:
I knew this thread would of turned into a brake/brakless argument. get over yourself its personal prefrence.

I'm not turning it into an argument... I ran both, brakes and brakeless and simply stating what I wrote above...

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:
im gonna put it this way... i know its personal prefrence but this is what i recommend

Brakeless: if your driving to your street spots (pros) and driving to the skatepark your fine.

Brakes: If your commuting to places and riding through traffic/hills.

i agree i like the feel of no brakes but its not practucal i live on a big hill and going down it everyday at 70kph with no brakes=me dead and i dont want to go through shoes and tires every day

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
dotca wrote:
LOLWUT? Little control? What do you mean about that? Of course there is 'little' control... All it is, is 2 arms being pulled together, by a cable, which is triggered by you pulling the lever... Actually, brakes are pretty easy to maintain. Expensive? Not really... For the set up, maybe, but overall. Not at all... The better rider thing, that is not always true, just sayin'.
I just want to clear this up. 20-30 bucks a month for cables/pads/broken bits. I can get the exact pressure I want through my foot. I have to really spend hours tuning brakes to get it just right. and you do become better. it teaches you to commit, and get yourself out of tricky situations in ways other than slamming on the brakes. the brake is what I now call "the pussy button". but thats just me. I don't want to argue about this at all, I just wanted to clarify my intended statement. besides, there isn't a lot of brakeless love going on here lol. I really do prefer brakeless. I put brakes on for a day yesterday. I took them of and threw them away right afterwords because they piss me off so much. they get in my way and aren't necessary. Really Mad but anyway, rant over. [Thread\]

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
yeah I have the same problem

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
Leave the brakes on and then bring a little wrench in your bag loosen the cable and then in a few seconds, your brakeless.

ummmhhh... the point of running brakeless is to not have a lever in the way and have no cabble making a shitty noise when you ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010984
Mobile Version of Website