Powered by Outside

Argyle 409 problem

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Argyle 409 problem
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
True.
In all hounesty I only have 2 settings for my compresion on my 409 wide open or closed
My 888RC2X I use 2 clicks and my 66 ATA I use none

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
would it work to just get a service kit and replaces all the seals? cuz thats the only thing i can think of doing.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
I thought you got it fixed?

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
nope...it still does it.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
I would have them replace the fork.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 14:41 Quote
nothing has been done to the fork yet. it hasnt been touched since i noticed it.
but would replacing it cost me any money? cuz then forget it

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I have mine set at...

80mm travel.
Max psi.
Almost closed flood gate.
Wide open compression and rebound.

It's really good for all around stuff. I like to ride a lot of single track mixed in with big hit stuff and it takes everything without bottoming and staying plush the whole time!
What do you think of the 80mm travel i have to get new 409 uppers for my 318 cause the stanchions bent and having it at 80mm will illiminate the possibility of that happening again but i am afraid of bottoming out, and i liked the feel of the fork with 100mm. How big of a difference does it make?

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
The fork feels the same at 80mm and doesn't bottom. The only thing that really changes is geometry.

Hondarider241, How old is your bike? The fork should still be under warranty. Take it to your local shop.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
The fork feels the same at 80mm and doesn't bottom. The only thing that really changes is geometry.
o alright thanks.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:

Hondarider241, How old is your bike? The fork should still be under warranty. Take it to your local shop.
I got it almost 2 months ago. I'm going there tomorrow right after lunch and hopefully get things sorted out

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
Take the bike back to the shop where you bought it. The shop should contact Sram and they'll go from there. Do not mess with the fork, there is nothing you can do to fix the problem.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 20:25 Quote
When I told them about it last time they said they were going to contact someone about it. I'm going there tomorrow and getting them to keep my bike there til my form is fixed so I won't wreck it

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
headhunna wrote:
Take the bike back to the shop where you bought it. The shop should contact Sram and they'll go from there. Do not mess with the fork, there is nothing you can do to fix the problem.
or bring it to someone that has been trained by sram to work on their forks and stuff

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
i brought my bike to my LBS today and they're sending the forks in to RockShox to get them fixed or maybe even get a new fork. i know its something they couldve probly done in the shop, but my LBS is also a sports store so they probly dont have all the right stuff...plus this way i KNOW it'll work. i know it'll take awhile to get my fork back but it'll be worth the wait i think

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
hondarider241 wrote:
i brought my bike to my LBS today and they're sending the forks in to RockShox to get them fixed or maybe even get a new fork. i know its something they couldve probly done in the shop, but my LBS is also a sports store so they probly dont have all the right stuff...plus this way i KNOW it'll work. i know it'll take awhile to get my fork back but it'll be worth the wait i think
It will actually go to the Canadian service center aka Norco, and Rob will get it fixed up, when did it go out? I could give him a call and ask that he does your fork before mine, I have the 66 on my bike now as a loner (had it on layaway)and the longer the 55 is gone the longer I don't have to pay for the 66

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013987
Mobile Version of Website