lucasbosma wrote:
silly rabit tricks are for kids

?

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 17:39 Quote
fuzzzy wrote:
lucasbosma wrote:
silly rabit tricks are for kids

?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/arom12/default/the-trix-rabbit--large-msg-123913907352.jpg
probably got something to do with this

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
bunny hop
manual
halfcab
tire tap
footjam

now working on full cabs Smile

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 2:02 Quote
ah yeah that makes sense

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 2:15 Quote
The first tricks I learned were awesome skids on my coaster brake bike. And wheelies. And doing sweet jumps, as Napoleon would say.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
Riding no-handed... skidding...wheelie....bunny hop.... footjam endo (kinda all happened at the same time).

When I started out it was 1985 and Freestyle BMX was just starting to become mainstream. There wasn't a whole lot of grinding and skate parks were nearly unheard of, so we tended towards a lot of frame and axle stand tricks (no pegs back then, so if you wanted to dork wheelie you had to stand on the axle nuts), as well as the tricks you can perform off the small ramps and short ledges we could build/find in our area (one footers, no handers, something that was kinda like a downturn, but with no downturn, something that was kinda like a table... but one footed and doing the splits).

As a kid my crowning achievement was the frame stand. You stand on the top tube and stem and ride your bike down a hill like it's a surfboard. My other favourite was standing on the rear axle, holding onto your seat, and steering the bike around with your weight. Then you'd try to jump back onto the pedals and grab the bars without bailing.

/end old man reminiscing moment...

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
ok thanks guys

ive now got

top of steerer tube height hops Big Grin (use to mtb so ive been bunnyhopping for a while)
180 airs
disasters
half cabs
i can manual out of half cabs sometimes too

ive tried a few feebles but cant do them yet, im a bit hesitant because i have a RHD setup and grind on the right side too, and i have an alloy sprocket and a v3 hub that i REALY dont want to damage Razz knew i should have got the lhd.

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
Jacobrjett wrote:
ok thanks guys

ive now got

top of steerer tube height hops Big Grin (use to mtb so ive been bunnyhopping for a while)
180 airs
disasters
half cabs
i can manual out of half cabs sometimes too

ive tried a few feebles but cant do them yet, im a bit hesitant because i have a RHD setup and grind on the right side too, and i have an alloy sprocket and a v3 hub that i REALY dont want to damage Razz knew i should have got the lhd.

buy some hub guards

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
in order:

bunnyhop
rollback
j-hop
disaster

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
b-bikes101 wrote:
in order:

bunnyhop
manual
rollback
j-hop
disaster

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
blobshooter wrote:
whats a tobogan?

Views: 418    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Ignore the idiocy at the end.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
it sounds like you sacked your self at the end

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014623
Mobile Version of Website