Taking My Bike to The bus.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Taking My Bike to The bus.
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:
drewfunk wrote:
Buses are sketchy man, i've had to wait hours at stations due to bike complications. From my experience some drivers will let one bike in the bus but no more than one, and some wont let any in. Try pleading and begging if the rack is full, make sure to get some tears going about a family emergency or something.

haha, most of the drivers ive had without a bike are nice. do i get it on the rack or on the bus? im pretty confused about that too.

There is a rack on the front of the bus that holds two bikes, which is where your bike should go. But often the rack is full. So sometimes the driver will let you bring a bike on the bus, sometimes not. More than likely not.
always bring y bike in since the wheelbase is too long for their racks. your attitudes gotta be like "well its your problem".
and remember, they work for YOU

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I hate the bus! I don't know if it's any different in Canada but here you get a bunch of crazy homeless people that yell random stuff and a bus driver that talks on his cell phone in a different language while he is driving! lol

Thats why the bus is so rad! I rode it every day for the school year to the college and back, it was so damn awsome. Sometimes i would bring my camera and film there awsome stuff. There was a guy that ripped his shirt in half and proceeded to tell me he wanted to blow up my town, he was a pretty cool dude.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
me2menow wrote:
drewfunk wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:

haha, most of the drivers ive had without a bike are nice. do i get it on the rack or on the bus? im pretty confused about that too.

There is a rack on the front of the bus that holds two bikes, which is where your bike should go. But often the rack is full. So sometimes the driver will let you bring a bike on the bus, sometimes not. More than likely not.
always bring y bike in since the wheelbase is too long for their racks. your attitudes gotta be like "well its your problem".
and remember, they work for YOU

yeah, im super scared of my bmx on the front rack thats designed for commuters and road bikes and such.

My plan is to ask politely, may i bring my bike on the bus? the buses from places can be crowded so i have no clue whats going to happen.

On another note, i love the bus too once my freind was trying to show me a p.bike and a fat african american female started yelling at him the whole ride because she thought he was making fun of her.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 17:48 Quote
The wheelbase of the bike doesnt matter, i've brought my bike on the rack before. The only potential problem with the fit is your tires, since bmx tires can be really wide. My 2.25 FAF took a bit of force to fit in, and my friend's 2.25 Aitken didnt even fit in the slot, but it still worked anyway.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
The wheelbase of the bike doesnt matter, i've brought my bike on the rack before. The only potential problem with the fit is your tires, since bmx tires can be really wide. My 2.25 FAF took a bit of force to fit in, and my friend's 2.25 Aitken didnt even fit in the slot, but it still worked anyway.

oh yeah, mine cant fit in a normal school rack, my fronts beefy.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
only read the first page, i always put my bike on the front rack and have never had a problem. if its full wait til everyone is on (at your stop) then take your bike on and try to stay out of the way. people bitch but i've never had a bus driver stop me from bringing my bike on the bus. its legit. transferring isnt scary if you know what your doing

FL
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
26k isn't that far you lazy f*cking BMX'er

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
only read the first page, i always put my bike on the front rack and have never had a problem. if its full wait til everyone is on (at your stop) then take your bike on and try to stay out of the way. people bitch but i've never had a bus driver stop me from bringing my bike on the bus. its legit. transferring isnt scary if you know what your doing

To be honest i dont have a clue what im doing. im kinda scared lol.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 17:59 Quote
z-man wrote:

lets see you ride for hours at the skate park, then hop on 20's and ride home from the park.

That was unnecessary.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
have you taken the bus before? its easy

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 18:13 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
have you taken the bus before? its easy

yeah ive taken the bus before just i havent with my bike.

FL
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:
z-man wrote:

lets see you ride for hours at the skate park, then hop on 20's and ride home from the park.

That was unnecessary.

i do better, i actually ride up and down fromme mountain on my big bike all day, (3000foot climb) then ride 20 or so clicks to my house. all on a demo. get some legs pussy.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://blackliberal.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/jerk-pic.jpg

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 19:07 Quote
z-man wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:
z-man wrote:

That was unnecessary.

i do better, i actually ride up and down fromme mountain on my big bike all day, (3000foot climb) then ride 20 or so clicks to my house. all on a demo. get some legs pussy.

Your the reason we get a bad name.. Being a dick like that i dont think this sport is for you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011260
Mobile Version of Website