Powered by Outside

Fox 40 problems

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox 40 problems
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 14:53 Quote
Hi all. I have just brought a pair of 40's off here and the right hand stanchion has what sounds like the exact problem that benisgod has. Slightly discoloured stripes about 2.5-3.5 inches above the seal. When they are compressed hard it leaves a very slight mark of oil, more like it's sweating really, rather than leaking. I already have some new seals and foam rings to fit which I will do. I'm just on the verge of buying a new stanchion. Are they handed?? And also, I've moved from boxxers to these and they're my first set of 40's. I've seen on mojo's site that there are two sizes. The stanchions on mine seem very tall yet they are supposed to be 2010 and from what I've read they should have the shorter of the two?

Sorry for the drawn out winge, just wanna get out on my bike. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Benisgod, how have you got on with your forks?

Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 15:08 Quote
rolley44 wrote:
Hi all. I have just brought a pair of 40's off here and the right hand stanchion has what sounds like the exact problem that benisgod has. Slightly discoloured stripes about 2.5-3.5 inches above the seal. When they are compressed hard it leaves a very slight mark of oil, more like it's sweating really, rather than leaking. I already have some new seals and foam rings to fit which I will do. I'm just on the verge of buying a new stanchion. Are they handed?? And also, I've moved from boxxers to these and they're my first set of 40's. I've seen on mojo's site that there are two sizes. The stanchions on mine seem very tall yet they are supposed to be 2010 and from what I've read they should have the shorter of the two?

Sorry for the drawn out winge, just wanna get out on my bike. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Benisgod, how have you got on with your forks?

Hi mate, I ended up getting them sent away to monos where they told me I could have them back because of a crack in on the lowers and a crack on the left stanchion. So basically I spent £500 on getting them repaired and serviced!

They were like new once I had them done but it did cost me. They even replaced my Ti spring. If I was you I'd go send them off for a service just in case anything has blown up inside.

I'm now running boxxers which are running fantastic, not as good as my 40s but still amazing!

Good luck and hope it doesn't cost you too much bro

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 6:51 Quote
Hi pinkbikers would anyone know if the bottom of the rebound side at the lower it's common to have oil in the cap that covers the bottom rebound adjusters or has the seal or o ring gone if anyone can tell me also what sort of cost aswell and is it a job that can be fixed instead of sending away cheers Lee

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014952
Mobile Version of Website