Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

2010 jamis bam

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 jamis bam
O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
giant0rider wrote:
cracking, although the bam didnt get very good rep for 2009 (went through 3) it was the first year of having a race bike. they worked out all of the kinks, rear end is much stiffer, there is no possible way you had flex in your head tube. do you mind if i ask you if you got it at diablo and for how much is cheap?
Trust me dude there is...I did a roller coaster to fast andmy fork bottomed and flexed...was scary haha
and no...i didnt...

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
Your fork flexed, not your head tube.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 21:04 Quote
nishnash wrote:
giant0rider wrote:
cracking, although the bam didnt get very good rep for 2009 (went through 3) it was the first year of having a race bike. they worked out all of the kinks, rear end is much stiffer, there is no possible way you had flex in your head tube. do you mind if i ask you if you got it at diablo and for how much is cheap?
Trust me dude there is...I did a roller coaster to fast andmy fork bottomed and flexed...was scary haha
and no...i didnt...

if a head tube was to flex it would be so slight you would not feel it. your fork how ever is made to flex.

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 6:49 Quote
yea i have a white one from diablo i got it brand new for 2800. i bought it from a friend of mine chris herdenon his gf won it at the us open. but i dont think it has warranty because it was won so i hope it doesnt break or im screwed

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 7:25 Quote
BradRitter wrote:
yea i have a white one from diablo i got it brand new for 2800. i bought it from a friend of mine chris herdenon his gf won it at the us open. but i dont think it has warranty because it was won so i hope it doesnt break or im screwed

no worries, if it were to break just bring it to a shop they can talk to jamis. dont worry though, it not going to.

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 7:41 Quote
i hope not do you ride for jamis?

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 7:43 Quote
BradRitter wrote:
i hope not do you ride for jamis?

yes, jamis and diablo.

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 7:46 Quote
o kool do you know george ryan i dont specifically know him but i am best friends with neko mulally and he knows him.

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
how much lighter are the new frames and are they more durable?

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
http://s277591015.onlinehome.us/gallery/2010jamis1/

these are a lot of the 2010 jamis, but no specs, just pics.

Posted: Sep 6, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
after working at a bike shop i would never buy/ride a jamis dh bike. i have seen at LEAST 10 broken jamis bikes during two years. i hate to bash a company but their frames are turds, some break on the chainstay and some on the headtube. if i go off a 10 foot drop or hit a large table/step-down i most certainly do not want my rear wheel getting jammed when the chainstay brakes and would prefer not to worry about my fork breaking off with the headtube either. both scenarios would result in major carnage not something i am willing to risk for a company that puts out a nice parts spec on a sub-standard linkage single pivot frame. btw in the same amount of time i have not seen a single other bike fail and we didn't even sell that many jamis bikes in comparison to other brands. the good part is they have always warrantied them so if you buy one there is roughly a 20% chance yours will fail at which point you are guaranteed to get a new one!
sorry for my rant but i really do not want to see fellow riders waste money/get hurt.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
i think they look great, but aftger riding one of them at diablo when my firend rented, really not that impressed. idk what it was, but it felt slow, sluggesh, uncomfortable, and didnt really do anything well. like for a bike that has that lumbering feel, you would think that it would be great in the rough stuff, and fly through anything you pointed it at, but it didnt. it felt like a chore to ride it. i wanted one for the longest time, but now im happy i went for my bike. it was a pleasure to ride after getting off the jamis.

the 2010 looks sick though, and as long as you like it, thats all that matters.

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 8:06 Quote
i just rode my new jamis at diablo and it was alright but it cant handel rocks for shit the rear end is all over the place. i didnt want to hit anything huge because i thought i would brake it. i have herd so many stories about how they break but hopefully the company realizes this years bams suck and recals them because i dont think they are safe.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013868
Mobile Version of Website