Powered by Outside

10 Years From Now...

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
10 Years From Now...
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 17:14 Quote
i think that china will be the next super power after canada collapses from increased royalties in alberta and the us is left a nuclear waste land after sever nuclear missle accedents. global warming will limit our ski season to 4 months instead of 7 and cars will be out lawed

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 17:17 Quote
i think in 10 years, pollution will be so bad we'll have to bike in gas masks unless were at an indoor place with all windows and doors closed. it's going to suck.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 17:26 Quote
I beleive that in ten years from now China will be so popullated that there will be another black plague disease killing more than half of the popullation of asia and decreasing pollution by 60%.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 7:26 Quote
EuroBiker wrote:
I beleive that in ten years from now China will be so popullated that there will be another black plague disease killing more than half of the popullation of asia and decreasing pollution by 60%.

Yea I havent really thought of disease possibilities, if there was a plague that was designed to affect certain countries we could very quickly solve the worlds over population problems...doesnt matter if the disease is natural or designed ultimately

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 7:28 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
i think that china will be the next super power after canada collapses from increased royalties in alberta and the us is left a nuclear waste land after sever nuclear missle accedents. global warming will limit our ski season to 4 months instead of 7 and cars will be out lawed

"Severe nuclear missile accidents"? Could you expand on that a bit.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 1:39 Quote
Uhh "over population" is a very opinionated thing to say- IE I would say our population management is very poor.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 19:07 Quote
kicksnlicks wrote:
And I think the OP is looking for something a little deeper then new bikes Wink

sorry bad day, but i overheard the world is gonna do something and were all gonna get sucked into a black hole, sooooo uh,keep riding bikes as long as we can

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 19:34 Quote
I think the lack of drinking water due to global warming will be a big issuse and also Canada's role in helping the world deal with the water shoertage(as canada has most of the fresh water)

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 8:26 Quote
Brad33 wrote:
I think the lack of drinking water due to global warming will be a big issuse and also Canada's role in helping the world deal with the water shoertage(as canada has most of the fresh water)

If there is a lack of drinking water I dont think it would be directly caused by gloabl warming. Israel, Malta and several other countries have been living just fine by converting the sea water into drinkable/usable water at there many water processing plants...I am sure other countries will follow suit. An issue that may arise would be the privatization of water by companies-- many of the poorer natives in Peru cannot afford the water right in front of them as a private company owns it and sells it to them at too high a price.

If you look at the mid west, all the cattle they grow there for slaughter require huge amounts of water to grow-this water comes from underground lakes/well/aquifers that they have been running dry over the years. Cocoa Cola is doing the same thing in some parts of India to create its product.

The best solution for many of the problems afore mentions would be a global population reduction via designed disease that lowers the popultaions of the most over popultated/uneeded areas drastically similar to aids maybe.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 13:30 Quote
bigquotesThe best solution for many of the problems afore mentions would be a global population reduction via designed disease that lowers the popultaions of the most over popultated/uneeded areas drastically similar to aids maybe.

Fortunately there are people that would not stand for that. Unneeded areas? The whole human population is unneeded. You live (im guessing as you have a Canadian Flag) in a society where if you fall, others take care of you- yet you think killing people is the answer to what you call "over population."

Canadians and Americans are some of the most wasteful people in the world- disposable eveything. People see how good of lives we are living, and want to be just like us. This creates more people who try to live beyond their means (both the US and Canada are in debt), who fall into debt as they have to show everyone else they are baller.

Sure if everyone lived like us we would be "over populated", but if we simply became less wasteful and perhaps a bit more humble it would start to solve alot of problems.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 13:46 Quote
thorno wrote:
Brad33 wrote:

If there is a lack of drinking water I dont think it would be directly caused by gloabl warming. Israel, Malta and several other countries have been living just fine by converting the sea water into drinkable/usable water at there many water processing plants...I am sure other countries will follow suit. An issue that may arise would be the privatization of water by companies-- many of the poorer natives in Peru cannot afford the water right in front of them as a private company owns it and sells it to them at too high a price.

If you look at the mid west, all the cattle they grow there for slaughter require huge amounts of water to grow-this water comes from underground lakes/well/aquifers that they have been running dry over the years. Cocoa Cola is doing the same thing in some parts of India to create its product.

The best solution for many of the problems afore mentions would be a global population reduction via designed disease that lowers the popultaions of the most over popultated/uneeded areas drastically similar to aids maybe.
Yeah I guess I was a little confused on the facts. Someono should step in to these places and create laws about the privatization of healthy drinking water.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 14:23 Quote
I completely agree with pretty much all of the points you brought up in your response, but I do however beleive there are countries which we could do without-countries that only suck resources in with no result/output. I am speaking of places like Darfur and Aids Ridden parts of Africa. (Dont even think about trying to call me a racist as that is obviously not the point of this discussion and it would also be ignorant, I am speaking in a purely philosophical/theoretical sense). You say it as though I am ignorant of the rest of the more modest world, however that is not the case; I have been all over the world and can assure you I have seen poverty and seen its effects, I have also talked to the people that lived among this poverty (I play Poker with a guy from Nigeria on Fridays and back backed through Costa Rica for example) some even said that there OWN country was full of lazy idiots and for that very reason they never produced or accomplished anything on a global scale.

When I said a way to solve problems would be to lower the global population I did mean in some of the above mentioned areas...I would also say that the US and Canada are far from perfect when it comes to non-wasteful/efficient, producttive, intelligent people. We need to change that ASAP before we turn into a country that uses but does not create (The US is already there IMO).

I am not currently in Canada, I am spending a year abroad in the mediteranean for school...just to further add to the point about me having seen the world . Cool

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:52 Quote
I am not alarmist enough to call you rascist- I can see how you would say we do not need places like Darfur and some of the Aids-ridden parts of Africa (although your methods for dealing with some of the worlds problems do differ from mine.)

I believe that one of the biggest changes the rich countries should make is to move forward as a whole world, not seperate nations.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 7:06 Quote
ten years there will be a massive world war.

it's coming, it's just like the 1800's - we've been in peace for so long (i mean no major power wars nigh 60 years) that the world is bursting for a massive, apocalyptic war - probably chiefly between the US + EU and russia/china. hopefully non nuclear but for sure millions will die. it'll make iraq look like an army-wide vacation.

we dodged the cold war, I don't think we'll dodge this.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 20:16 Quote
in 10 years i dont see al to much changing to be honest, now 30-50 years i could see a few things such as the drinking water issue.
i have lived almost 2 decades and nothing that drastic has happened exept sept. 11 and the end of the cold war

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014127
Mobile Version of Website