Powered by Outside

Karpiel?

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 7:24 Quote
hahahaha thats funny

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 12:22 Quote
think ahead man your only 14
by all means if your one of those ppl that are always going to be financially secure drop several thousand on a karpiel frame. if serveral thousands a drop in the bucket 2 you go for it.
soon your gonna want to get your own transportation(so you can go biking) and then your gonna want to move out of your parents place. those both are going to require money.
your not gonna find alot of info on how they ride(theres just not that many out there)
how do you know your gonna like how it rides if you can't ride one before you purchase it.
in 3-4 years after you dump money on getting your life started and you look back on your purchase was the extra 1000 quid worth it to get the karpiel because you wanted it
go talk to your lbs they should have some sound advice.

i'm not trying to take the piss out of you.
welcome to pinkbike

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
jinx wrote:
But omg! He's too good for the stinky now! Rolleyes
Compare suspension travel on a stinky, to a karpiel. Usless twat

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
Great-Gordini wrote:
think ahead man your only 14
by all means if your one of those ppl that are always going to be financially secure drop several thousand on a karpiel frame. if serveral thousands a drop in the bucket 2 you go for it.
soon your gonna want to get your own transportation(so you can go biking) and then your gonna want to move out of your parents place. those both are going to require money.
your not gonna find alot of info on how they ride(theres just not that many out there)
how do you know your gonna like how it rides if you can't ride one before you purchase it.
in 3-4 years after you dump money on getting your life started and you look back on your purchase was the extra 1000 quid worth it to get the karpiel because you wanted it
go talk to your lbs they should have some sound advice.

i'm not trying to take the piss out of you.
welcome to pinkbike
Ive got the financing, ive got compotitions to ride in, and ive got transportation, so il indulge my self.
And finally i find someone nice of PB, thanks for the welcome

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
dmanj wrote:
a stinky is a full size bike. how can you have out grown it? it will take just about anything you through at it.
not sus travel wise for me

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
No Apoc, but I'm selling my Armageddon. Finally uploaded some pics into my profile - have a look. It's on FleaBay until tomrrow, if it doesn't sell, it'll get re-listed. 11" of Karpiel lunacy...

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 17:59 Quote
KarpielDownhill wrote:
dmanj wrote:
a stinky is a full size bike. how can you have out grown it? it will take just about anything you through at it.
Like the guy below said, look into his used Armageddon, or get yourself a New Disco. I can hook you up with a brand new Apocalypse or Disco if you're serious. I'm the US Karpiel distributor.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
If you want your bike to be bigger then throw a 888 or 40 on your bike. Puts the front end up by about 2 inches. And i'm 6'1 and ride a stinky with no problems at all.

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
brianhcm1 wrote:
KarpielDownhill wrote:
dmanj wrote:
Like the guy below said, look into his used Armageddon, or get yourself a New Disco. I can hook you up with a brand new Apocalypse or Disco if you're serious. I'm the US Karpiel distributor.
How much would they be?

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
GTPjon wrote:
No Apoc, but I'm selling my Armageddon. Finally uploaded some pics into my profile - have a look. It's on FleaBay until tomrrow, if it doesn't sell, it'll get re-listed. 11" of Karpiel lunacy...
Thanks, but i was after a apoc

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 2:24 Quote
KarpielDownhill wrote:
GTPjon wrote:
Thanks, but i was after a apoc

Oh well - relisted anyway! My mate sold his Apoc on EBay recently after several weeks of relisting for £2000. It was mint though, and had a fairly decent build spec (for that kind of bike) - Super Monsters, Profile cranks etc. Weighed a frickin' ton though! Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 3:34 Quote
that bike is suposed to be doing 40 ft drops, theres no point on having it if you just do DH

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 7:05 Quote
KarpielDownhill wrote:
jinx wrote:
But omg! He's too good for the stinky now! Rolleyes
Compare suspension travel on a stinky, to a karpiel. Usless twat

Dude you're a 50kg Lolita, you barely need 5" of travel f/r to ride dh. I myself, weighs a bit over 100kg with gear on, and I still ride dh with my 200/170 f/r dh bike. You don't need a karpiel, you need bike handling and the perception of the value of money.

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 7:07 Quote
KarpielDownhill wrote:
dmanj wrote:

It's not like you do 20-45 feet drops, can you even drop higher than 3 feet? According to your pics I highly doubt it.

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 7:16 Quote
Sorry dude, but if you seriously think you need a karpiel, you are heavily mistaken.

I race Dh across the Uk on an ironhorse sunday, im taller, heavier, and harder riding than you, and i cope perfectly well, as do ALOT of people on this forum. i have a friend winning elite cats at Uk races on an old turner DHR, so get over yourselof, you cant afford it, you cant ride it, so dont even bother.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030488
Mobile Version of Website