My new Intense 951. Comments please

PB Forum :: Downhill
My new Intense 951. Comments please
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
Oh yeah. I've always been partial to the Shimano Dura Ace/XTR chain

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:00 Quote
ivanfiestas wrote:
beaupre716 wrote:
Looks good. I don't see any unworthy components there.

Thank you.

I was thinking about an SDG carbon seatpost / saddle. That may be even lighter... But I dont how much...

If you want SDG, go with the I beam version, it is considerably lighter. I have a mavic 823 that came in a deal with a frame and its really light but its allso really narrow. I'm not sure if they make it in different widths or if width doesnt mean much but I think it is close to being a full centimeter narrower than my Halo sas which is a considerable difference. I think outlaws are 32mm or 34mm but that could be easily looked up.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:04 Quote
x6thgearwideopen wrote:
ivanfiestas wrote:
beaupre716 wrote:
Looks good. I don't see any unworthy components there.

Thank you.

I was thinking about an SDG carbon seatpost / saddle. That may be even lighter... But I dont how much...

If you want SDG, go with the I beam version, it is considerably lighter. I have a mavic 823 that came in a deal with a frame and its really light but its allso really narrow. I'm not sure if they make it in different widths or if width doesnt mean much but I think it is close to being a full centimeter narrower than my Halo sas which is a considerable difference. I think outlaws are 32mm or 34mm but that could be easily looked up.

Yes, I was thinking about the I beam, thank you!

FL
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:11 Quote
im not a fane of the 951, well atleast not for my riding style.
i do really like intenses, but the 951 isn't my style.
i like the M6

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
z-man wrote:
i like the M6

Have you ever riden one?

Could you please give us your thoughts?

FL
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
ivanfiestas wrote:
z-man wrote:
i like the M6

Have you ever riden one?

Could you please give us your thoughts?
yeah, i have rideen one, but not on the trails.
i go through frames a lot, i not only race DH, but im a chronic hucker...
just not bomb proof enough for my liking, too race specific.
not so much FR friendly. but intense makes kickass bikes, you;re gonna love it!

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
the whole build looks sick. dont listen to the guys who say x7 shifters and x9 deralleurs arent good enough, theyre fine, why pay another hundred bucks for same performance just a little lighter?

FL
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
d-bax wrote:
the whole build looks sick. dont listen to the guys who say x7 shifters and x9 deralleurs arent good enough, theyre fine, why pay another hundred bucks for same performance just a little lighter?
HA, X-os are sick and all, but srams waay to fragile to drop 300$ on a derailleur, 3 times a year... go for the new saint, doesn't look like you're going for a super light bike... the new saint is worth the extra 25-50 grams.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
d-bax wrote:

Because their more expensive counterparts feel/shift better?

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
z-man wrote:
d-bax wrote:
HA, X-os are sick and all, but srams waay to fragile to drop 300$ on a derailleur, 3 times a year... go for the new saint, doesn't look like you're going for a super light bike... the new saint is worth the extra 25-50 grams.

i dont get why you would spend that much on a derailer. my x.9 has lasted over a year and costs less than a 3rd of the saint

FL
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
d-bax wrote:

Because their more expensive counterparts feel/shift better?
the ONLY differences between xo and x9 are, carbon cage, replaceable parts, Ti spring, and color. performance is the same

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:27 Quote
But X7 is shit. Please stop. You're not going to win this.

FL
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:28 Quote
d-bax wrote:
z-man wrote:
d-bax wrote:

i dont get why you would spend that much on a derailer. my x.9 has lasted over a year and costs less than a 3rd of the saint
well, i was averaging 3 derailleurs a year, the saint has saved me crazzy money.
thing is sooooo strong, and soooooo close to the bike. it shifts the exact same as the day i got it. so impressed. i literally have 5 dead x-0 derailleurs sitting in my house.
i guess it's my local trails, they're real tight and rocky, they love to eat derailleurs.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:29 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
But X7 is shit. Please stop. You're not going to win this.

we're talikng about the x.9 derailer here

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
z-man wrote:
d-bax wrote:
z-man wrote:

well, i was averaging 3 derailleurs a year, the saint has saved me crazzy money.
thing is sooooo strong, and soooooo close to the bike. it shifts the exact same as the day i got it. so impressed. i literally have 5 dead x-0 derailleurs sitting in my house.
i guess it's my local trails, they're real tight and rocky, they love to eat derailleurs.

i have one dead x.7 at my house, as well as a deore, but thats about it. i ride rocky trail a lot and i have actually seen my derailler get crushed by rocks and it was still fine after wards. or maybe im just lucky..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.167044
Mobile Version of Website