Powered by Outside

can a bullit do it all?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
I know its labeled as a 'girls bike' but I think the transition syren would be a great bike IMO,but I would talk to someone who has ridden one before it just seems like a great bike to me.

Meh...who doesn't want a Syren?
They are hot bikes, but the Suspension is more DH oriented, the BR would be a better all around.

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
nishnash wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:
I know its labeled as a 'girls bike' but I think the transition syren would be a great bike IMO,but I would talk to someone who has ridden one before it just seems like a great bike to me.

They are hot bikes, but the Suspension is more DH oriented, the BR would be a better all around.
Oh okay,shows how much I know about the syren Razz I though it would be better in the XC area compared to most other 'do it all' bikes.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
nishnash wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:

Oh okay,shows how much I know about the syren Razz I though it would be better in the XC area compared to most other 'do it all' bikes.
Nah, its really good, but not the best.
The suspension's super active, and its built up like an FR bike brah, gusseted and all.
The one catch with a Syren is the high leverage ratio, this is done so that light riders aren't stuck struggling for stupid low spring rates. The Syren is great for a light rider who wants to do ride to their trails. But not for an AM bike...thats where I would reccomend a BR, Banshee Rune, or Covert.

No harm though brah....you probably know alot more than me on other things Salute haha

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
Well I'm guessing you haven't looked at prices much....but the bullit you specced is like 5g's.

3g's you could get a Transition bottle rocket, or dig up a preston Fr for sale.
Both those bikes are 5.5 inches of travel, great to start on and last a beating. Decent weights, pedal exceedingly well to.[/Quote]
found that bullit already for a little under 3k from someone that put it together and isn't going to use it now, it would cost a heap more to build the same bike up from scratch, my girlfriend was looking at a new trek fuel ex9 or similar are they any good?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
Hmm...well if your pulling in that Bike for 3g's, you cant really beat that.

And your girlfriend should get a Syren, no questions asked.

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
nishnash wrote:

photo
Something like that for 1200$ should do him well,but how does it pedal?

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
nishnash wrote:

cheers mate i'll check them out

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
Im skeptical of that SXT for $1200...with that spec somethings wrong with it. The Bullit is a way better deal.

And No problem dude! Let me know if you got any Q's

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 22:06 Quote
you should have got a heckler, similar to a bullit, better pedaling, better geometry for going up hill, can still do the down, cheaper than any of the other bikes listed (other than the SX trail). I owned a bullit, it was pretty nice bike, handled well, could do anything my shocker and my hectik can, just a little slower.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
will see how it goes, the bike seems to have a few mixed reviews, a fun bike for nearly everything, but most people like it.
it seems it's not great at any one thing, but i'm not either

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
you will never find a bike that does everything amazingly, only a lot of bikes that do one thing amazingly and everything else horribly or bikes that do everything acceptably. A good do it all bike is one that has a good compromise in Geometry, most will either go up the hill well or they will will go down the hill well, very few do both well, and those that do both are usually fairly pricey.

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 11:22 Quote
Lapierre zesty/spicy are great bikes with few flaws as is an Orange 5 or 160 am. Mythic Rune got a really good review over here after some testing in the alps and cannondale prophets are decent too.
Nearly all the bikes previously discussed are way into FR and DH none of them will be nice to ride flat or uphill. Bullit is on the extreme side of AM as far as I'm concerned. You can do a lot of crazy stuff on a 5" bike just as fast as someone on a v10 if you have more skill. And then you can ride it home too.

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Im skeptical of that SXT for $1200...with that spec somethings wrong with it. The Bullit is a way better deal.

And No problem dude! Let me know if you got any Q's
that's becuase it's and 2006 enduro. so it's fairly old now but it's still one of the best AM frames that you can get. also its only a six inch bike not a 7 inch one

EDIT:: lol only six inches thats still loads, if that bike is still for sale go for it it's a sweet deal

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
Look, you got a great bike. If thats your first,you are doing better than most. Sure there are a lot of great bikes out there but the most important thing is that the bike feels good on the trails you enjoy riding. Have fun and learn. My riding buddies drive Kona Coiler, Banshee Rune, Giant hardtails Santa Cruz Nomad and I ride a Cannondale Prophet. These bikes all tackle AM at different angles and all feel totally different to ride. I dont know what I'll ride next but I like the feel of a Santa Cruz Heckler and am curious about a Cannondale Moto 3. Untill the day I buy my next, I will enjoy mine and keep trying out my friends bikes

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
Any bike you get is a great bike, its better than sitting on the couch getting fat! Bigger heavier bikes just make you Stronger!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012336
Mobile Version of Website