Powered by Outside

I've been offered a Kona Stinky for £480, opinons please!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
I've been offered a Kona Stinky for £480, opinons please!
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 7:10 Quote
marquis wrote:
ditch the drop off soon as,other than that there great bikes and i miss mine.
+1 Destroy that drop off then mount up a nice 66 or Totem

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 8:06 Quote
you are stoked!! stinkys are tough man. check out mine

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
lukaszkrolak wrote:
you are stoked!! stinkys are tough man. check out mine
only word of advice : do not waste your money on the DOPE floating brake!!!!

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 8:47 Quote
Just taken it out for a little ride, nothing major just a bit of XC to get the feel of it- too late in the day to take it anywhere else.

First impressions; it's a bit of a beast. I'm not sure I have the muscle strength to wield it all that well yet. Secondly it's a little tail happy with a propensity to understeer then snap over steer when you head round bends.However, for the moment I'm happy- the drop offs will certainly go soon as I feel that a single crown would give better manouverability- other than that really happy that I have a play bike again!

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 16:08 Quote
davemunk wrote:
Just taken it out for a little ride, nothing major just a bit of XC to get the feel of it- too late in the day to take it anywhere else.

First impressions; it's a bit of a beast. I'm not sure I have the muscle strength to wield it all that well yet. Secondly it's a little tail happy with a propensity to understeer then snap over steer when you head round bends.However, for the moment I'm happy- the drop offs will certainly go soon as I feel that a single crown would give better manouverability- other than that really happy that I have a play bike again!

your right there mate, drop offs are like marzocchi's BUDGET of all budget forks... not really anything ever good to say about them... though, the + point for you is that 66's or Totems are always for sale... how about even trying out some Fox 36's if you want... great bike though... and takes time and alot of effort to get used to flinging that back end up and around... but good buy other than the forks.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
It just seems to want to be ridden so much faster all the time. Seriously contemplating 24" wheels and going all light on the situation to give me more acceleration be honest. Some 160mm forks would just work perfectly for a fun bike.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
Fox 36 vans would probably work as you were saying!

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 4:39 Quote
davemunk wrote:
Fox 36 vans would probably work as you were saying!

photo
photo
photo

and a link

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 6:38 Quote
yeah that last one with the VAN 36, and the white halo and black frame looks amazing, though i think in general, the only way to have a stinky feel and ride amazing is to kit it out with FOX suspension, otherwise it feels stiff and not so nice... trust me... ALTHOUGH the 08 66's i had DID feel quite nice for marzocchi's ... and would have them again if i were to build a HT/FR or AM/FR bike.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
36's are hella nice but the 66 is the best bang for the buck IMO.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 7:17 Quote
Haarlem wrote:
yeah that last one with the VAN 36, and the white halo and black frame looks amazing, though i think in general, the only way to have a stinky feel and ride amazing is to kit it out with FOX suspension, otherwise it feels stiff and not so nice... trust me... ALTHOUGH the 08 66's i had DID feel quite nice for marzocchi's ... and would have them again if i were to build a HT/FR or AM/FR bike.

my stinky felt supreme with 888 up front and roco wc out back.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 7:20 Quote
marquis wrote:
Haarlem wrote:

I had an 04 stinky with an 888 on it and it owned!

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 7:31 Quote
MarkASX wrote:
marquis wrote:
Haarlem wrote:

I had an 04 stinky with an 888 on it and it owned!

i crashed and dented mine,i like kona they just don't like me.Cry

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 7:37 Quote
im good with my 40's upfront and my DHX4 at the back Smile ... it definitely owns!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012744
Mobile Version of Website