PHOTOGRAPHY...Lighting DH Riders?

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
PHOTOGRAPHY...Lighting DH Riders?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 3:39 Quote
The lighting is perfect in that pic, Ive been looking at it for ages, and i still cant figure where the guy's flash is placed.

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 15:08 Quote
dingus wrote:
The lighting is perfect in that pic, Ive been looking at it for ages, and i still cant figure where the guy's flash is placed.

i think its far left back in the crowd, look at the white tape holding the crowd back, it kinda looks blown out.

Posted: Sep 30, 2011 at 22:54 Quote
NickDavis wrote:
hi all,
i have been into photography for the past couple of years now but i am brand new to biking photography. I am looking to strt attending DH events with my camera and get some decent shots.

However can anyone tell me the best ways in which to light good DH action shots. I own an appropriate SLR, lenses, flah guns and wireless flash triggers. So is it best to light the riders from both sides up high? from both sides down low? from just one side to pick out shoddows? directly infrot of the rider? or does it all just depend on what the conditions are like and which method will bring me the sharpest most interesting images?

please let me know which methods have worked the besr for you and post some of your favourite examples!

Smile nick

Don't be afraid to experiment with different angles either having the flash on camera as the master flash or using wireless triggers. I use Pixel Knights TR33 which retail around £120 for a set. They sync at all speeds and have a 100m range. It's all hit and miss so just get out there and start shooting.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011509
Mobile Version of Website