PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anyone no the what size rear shock i need for my bighit 07
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 13:21 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
Danny-M wrote:
CheesyBurrito wrote:
It's the standard 1 1/8" steerer.

I found some fork which the steerer tube has been cut down to 16.5cm. Will these fit ???

measure the steer tube on your current fork and find out

but i dont want to take my forks off is there any way of getting around this??

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:54 Quote
Danny-M wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
Danny-M wrote:

I found some fork which the steerer tube has been cut down to 16.5cm. Will these fit ???

measure the steer tube on your current fork and find out

but i dont want to take my forks off is there any way of getting around this??

NO..not unless you want to gamble that the one you want to buy will fit....you have do some of the work yourself and not expect others to do everything for you.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to quickly slide a fork out of the headtube and measure it... any monkey can do it

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
and just for the record, to correct my earlier mistake. my shock spring is a 500X2.8

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 16:23 Quote
joshemc wrote:
and just for the record, to correct my earlier mistake. my shock spring is a 500X2.8

Which could mean a 2.5" or 2.75" shock stroke according to Fox's spring rating system.

Danny-M - If you measure from the top of your crown to the base of you headset cap, that will give you a decent idea of if the other fork has a long enough steerer tube.

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 16:59 Quote
Or if you wanted to compare it to your current fork, measure from the top of your crown (the bottom of the headset cup will often work), to about three-quarters of the way into your stem. If the new forks steerer is longer than this, you're golden. If it is shorter, then you may have to look into another fork.

Though if it is only out by a centimetre or two, you may be able to remove spacers to coax it into fitting (depending upon your setup anyway)

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 3:55 Quote
i have got my rear shock now Smile but in one end it is just an eyelet with no bush and the eyelet is just about the right size for my bike but how will i fit a bush in ??

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 6:43 Quote
you have to have it pressed in...your lbs should be able to do it

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 13:05 Quote
any were i can get it dun by pros ??

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 13:07 Quote
Danny-M wrote:
any were i can get it dun by pros ??

Yes http://www.tftunedshox.com/ but it's gonna cost you.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.315095
Mobile Version of Website