Powered by Outside

Best entry level DJ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Best entry level DJ?
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 16:42 Quote
stp is what i would suggest

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 18:19 Quote
not to spam, but I got a dj for sale, but id suggest a tonic fab if you can do a build

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 0:03 Quote
go for a 24seven slacker they run so smooth on dirt and street i do everything on it they look beautiful aswell great gear ratio 24 inch aswell just the rite size.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 0:18 Quote
i really hate the P. bike geo, feels akward... like your gonna go OTB just riding around

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 2:43 Quote
GT Chucker Razz

seriously though for the money i think GT are great beginner DJ bikes im biased though

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 7:23 Quote
mgolland45 wrote:
not to spam, but I got a dj for sale, but id suggest a tonic fab if you can do a build
i dont think that that will come to less than 1000.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
specialized p series kit is so shody. the rims fold the hubs are crap and the cranks wear out in no time. a guy i ride with has had to change everything. also the mechanical brakes are awful. go santa cruz if its between the two but i would also say ns is the way forward Pimp

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 15:04 Quote
shovelmonkey wrote:
specialized p series kit is so shody. the rims fold the hubs are crap and the cranks wear out in no time. a guy i ride with has had to change everything. also the mechanical brakes are awful. go santa cruz if its between the two but i would also say ns is the way forward Pimp
Ya, my friend has a p2 and his back hub (which was stock) exploded

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 15:08 Quote
newworlddisorder wrote:
shovelmonkey wrote:

its crap isnt it. you pay money and it last no time at all. hes had to change nearly every part on it. just steer clear.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 15:38 Quote
shovelmonkey wrote:
newworlddisorder wrote:
shovelmonkey wrote:

its crap isnt it. you pay money and it last no time at all. hes had to change nearly every part on it. just steer clear.
they make a good fr/dh bike but for dirt jumping, you may as well walk out right now to your garbage can, and drop you're money

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 15:42 Quote
newworlddisorder wrote:
shovelmonkey wrote:
newworlddisorder wrote:

they make a good fr/dh bike but for dirt jumping, you may as well walk out right now to your garbage can, and drop you're money

nicely put mate.. nicely put Big Grin

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 15:47 Quote
[Quote="shovelmonkey"][Quote="newworlddisorder"]
shovelmonkey wrote:

its crap isn't it. you pay money and it last no time at all. hes had to change nearly every part on it. just steer clear.

Yup. Look at mine ive changed EVERYTHING on bike as stock parts crap out on me. At least frame is strong and decent despite its weight.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 17:56 Quote
newworlddisorder wrote:
shovelmonkey wrote:
newworlddisorder wrote:

I know a guy with a P.2 cro-mo, and he mobs on it! he's a damn good dirtjumper on it but a freeride bike it isn't! Using them for FR is stupid, the geo makes it UBER unstable at speed and over chattery stuff. Mongoose fireball is 100% better.

The giant STP is awesome, feels like an old friend!

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 18:34 Quote
eastern mad dog. cheap and sick.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014175
Mobile Version of Website