You bail it - VOD

Epic Win either way
HAHA going to go get video of the projected place right now

Hurry back :X

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 at 13:21 Quote
Views: 209,607    Faves: 4,244    Comments: 413

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 at 15:01 Quote
I like how you say "the proper saftey precautions to jump over a train" A stunt like this is never "safe". Can you discribe the location and take a picture for us?

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 at 20:51 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
Views: 209,607    Faves: 4,244    Comments: 413
LOL this is the reason I want to jump over a train so bad.

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
I'm going to change the venu because the landing in the place I wanted to do it is just to shady, unless I move about 30 feet to the North but then I'll need to clear 3 different tracks

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 at 21:32 Quote
Are you jumping the train or doing a drop over the train? Cause if you are jumping the train then.....good luck. If you are a drop over a train, well make sure you clear the train top and try getting some data on the profile of all the trains in the area. Clipping a train isn't like clipping a branch.....

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 at 15:42 Quote
clueless2 wrote:
Are you jumping the train or doing a drop over the train? Cause if you are jumping the train then.....good luck. If you are a drop over a train, well make sure you clear the train top and try getting some data on the profile of all the trains in the area. Clipping a train isn't like clipping a branch.....
Ya totally, a jump is do able (my original thought) but now I'm thinking about heading into BC and building a drop.

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 2:13 Quote
jump would work. Take a photo of you doing the jump then take and photo of the train coming from the same angle as the first photo.. then put it into photoshop and merge them together. you can do the same for videos aswell.

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 16:10 Quote
kirschsteinsmith wrote:
jump would work. Take a photo of you doing the jump then take and photo of the train coming from the same angle as the first photo.. then put it into photoshop and merge them together. you can do the same for videos aswell.
Thats what I am going to do, but I think it will be better to head out to BC or find a cliff that I can make a drop from.

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 16:30 Quote
t3kman wrote:
kirschsteinsmith wrote:
Thats what I am going to do, but I think it will be better to head out to BC or find a cliff that I can make a drop from.

Probably goes without saying but make sure you use a tripod and dont move it

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 16:48 Quote
Keep us posted. Hopefully they have internet access in the afterlife...

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 20:36 Quote
Will do, I'm going to try the jump but if that don't work then I'm going to just do a drop off a cliff... no biggie

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
Just a thought but i'm thinking there's gonna be a big blast of wind from the train, so if you were to jump over it then is it gonna change your speed/direction?

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
elliot-lowndes wrote:
Just a thought but i'm thinking there's gonna be a big blast of wind from the train, so if you were to jump over it then is it gonna change your speed/direction?

+1 didnt think of that. Also any disorientation that might occur because of the train moving underneath you.

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 14:54 Quote
pick a slow train to jump. then if you dont make it, just land on top and enjoy the ride Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011496
Mobile Version of Website