Ns Bikes: Trailmaster Rims. Feedback Thread.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Ns Bikes: Trailmaster Rims. Feedback Thread.
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 16:41 Quote
yup same, they look really nice. but i dont want something that will bend after learning new spins

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 at 15:05 Quote
i heard the metal pushes up around the spokes and then the spokes come out? anyone had this problem

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 at 19:19 Quote
Yea I'm really looking into these also. I heard some good things about them (can't remember where :p) but people said they were pretty strong.

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 10:25 Quote
i've heard they are very good ans some of the best rims on the market

Posted: Oct 6, 2010 at 14:51 Quote
im picking mine up tomorrow from the shop, gettin one built to a pro 2 trials, i will make sure i let this threadknow how it acts.

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 at 7:14 Quote
i have these rims and they work relly good for me and i do a lot of 180s and im landing wierd while attempting on 360flat so they are really strong

i recommend these rims strongly

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 at 17:52 Quote
the bloke in my lbs says you have to lace them 2x, surely this wont be as strong as 3x but if ns are sure that you dont cross lace them then hopefully theyw ill be good, i pick mine up tomorrow

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 7:55 Quote
The guy in your LBS is wrong about the lacing...get them laced 3x...the NS site badly translated that piece of info.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 8:08 Quote
oh shit, serious? why would ns say that to him on the phone though?

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 8:11 Quote
read the start of this thread...

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 8:16 Quote
dirtybikejapan wrote:
you can cross lace them, the confusion is that you cant put the spoke on the left side of the hub and then tread it to the right side hole in the rim. Make sense?

Japan gets the rims faster than CRC

yeah but your not meant to cross lace them, aparantly the drilling of the nipple hole isnt at the right angle, not sure about this though its just what i heard, im confident if ns say no cross lacing, then they will be just fine, if not then il build them again 3x

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 8:39 Quote
I've had these rims for a while now. Mine are 3x cross laced, the writing on the rim means don't thread the left spokes to the right side of the rim (Like how Alienation Runaways are laced) Kind of confusing how there both called crosslacing.
They have taken quite a beating and a fair few sideways landings to flat at skateparks and not buckled... But then I took them to dirt and nearly ruined them, cased a jump pretty bad with both wheels (LOL) the front was out by about 1cm and the back is egged a bit, Luckily i managed to pull the front back to true, the back is still egged (anyone know if this is possible to get out?) I think the 'Stay True' slogan on the side is some sort of Polish joke

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 at 5:15 Quote
just got my wheel i got it built 3x in the end, so gunna go ride it now Big Grin

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 at 9:05 Quote
so in the description of these wheels it says freestyle/dirt jump... u guys think these would hold up on my dh bike used for slope stylish courses. like jumps and drops... not rock gardens. thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017567
Mobile Version of Website