Powered by Outside

So what do you guys think of the walmart downhill team?

PB Forum :: Downhill
So what do you guys think of the walmart downhill team?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 15:23 Quote
Wallmart should carry the BootR Team for $300.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 15:48 Quote
OH wow ... anyway Book

honestly the person who wrote that makes me wanna slap them Facepalm

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 16:12 Quote
make fun of this bike all you want....

but these bikes are the reason you can get a BootR so cheap

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 4:25 Quote
How many rocks in a rock garden to get the the center of the frame break? 100mm of super plush go big suspension, it should give all those flatlanders wet bike dreams for weeks while they finish paying it off in lay away. lol

SOOOOO SEXY THAT BIKE: Whip

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 20:10 Quote
spahman wrote:

Wicked true.

And who knows, the next wc champ could be some 9 year old grom hold up deep in the ghetto & all his folks could afford come christmas was this race machine, since he's been drooling all over pink bike at all us spoiled ass elitist's rides, he may be stoked as all hell... granted, he's still a ghetto baby but at least he's building them legs up!Big Grin

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 20:25 Quote
spahman wrote:

Thank God for that.

Cheap bikes do have their place in the world--I'd bet we all beat a few to death as kids. Still, that ad copy is awfully fun to mock.

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 20:47 Quote
bigquotesAS FOR ITS RIDE: Rock Solid!! I have a BMX public park right next door to my apart complex. It tears that course up like nothing and puts the guys with the 2-grand fancy brand bikes from specialty shops to shame as well as amazement.
I live next to this park and if I ever see this guy shredding it on this bike I will give him some components for it. This is hilarious.

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
While cheap bikes have their place, the sort of marketing double-talk present in that advertisement makes me absolutely sick. If you want to pedal around something that weighs forty six pounds and has a couple inches of the worse suspension known to man kind, then be my guest, just understand that what you're riding is no where near to the same ride quality as the Demo 8 in my shop, nor can it handle anything near to it.

It's garbage like this that makes people think that their bike will never break, no matter what they do to it. A statement copied almost verbatim from my daily experiences with these types of bikes, and their customers: "I'm sorry, sir, but if you leave your bike outside year-round, neglect the moving parts that are screaming out for lubrication, and fail to notice that important parts are starting to come loose, then you can only expect to pay more to get the bike moving again than what you paid for it brand new."

Sell the bike for what it is: a heavy, bottom of the barrel, bicycle-path only comfort bike that has been poorly designed with cheap components that will likely do damage to your body the longer you ride it. If you're going to spend only five hundred dollars on a bike, then spend it wisely, not on garbage like this. Look into any of Spec's lower-end bikes, as they're rather good value-for-money, or there is a rather large second-hand market, but stay the hell away from anything that claims it is better than something four times it's price.

<Photo does not exist: 4708762>
That is what the bike should look like, in all reality. An awkward, unstable, heavy, unreliable, unusable monstrosity that is unfit for any type of terrain.

Or maybe I'm just a jaded bicycle mechanic who has had far too many arguments with misinformed customers that have their heads wedged way the hell too far up their own arse for their own good.

<Photo does not exist: 4708781>

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 21:40 Quote
davidmcadam wrote:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-DH-Team-Dual-Suspension-Mountain-Bike/10927851

probly shreds the gnar better than my POS!Emo

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013686
Mobile Version of Website