Dmr transition!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dmr transition!
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 16:36 Quote
caravanking wrote:
willrimington wrote:
*bump*

does any1 no why my forks wont clamp down properly? i got sum serious play in th front end and it wont go away! do i need a special headset or sumin? cos the frames got built in cups maybe i need different bearings or summin! any info would b great!!!
steer tube might be a touch too long on the fork.. find another spacer and stick that ontop before you cut it first though to see if it is that .. hard to tell what it is on here tbf Razz
na it aint that i got enough spacers on it! got like a 5mm gap between the top of steerer tube and inside of the stem so loads of room 2 keep clampin down! it dont matter how hard i tighten it it still has play in in forwards/backwards but the bearings are so tight u could'nt turn the bars so i had 2 slacken it off a bit! it's weird man it's never happened 2 me b4!!!!!

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 16:40 Quote
willrimington wrote:
caravanking wrote:
willrimington wrote:
*bump*

does any1 no why my forks wont clamp down properly? i got sum serious play in th front end and it wont go away! do i need a special headset or sumin? cos the frames got built in cups maybe i need different bearings or summin! any info would b great!!!
steer tube might be a touch too long on the fork.. find another spacer and stick that ontop before you cut it first though to see if it is that .. hard to tell what it is on here tbf Razz
na it aint that i got enough spacers on it! got like a 5mm gap between the top of steerer tube and inside of the stem so loads of room 2 keep clampin down! it dont matter how hard i tighten it it still has play in in forwards/backwards but the bearings are so tight u could'nt turn the bars so i had 2 slacken it off a bit! it's weird man it's never happened 2 me b4!!!!!
play in the fork stanchions and bushes them... thats all i can think of and depending on how much play there is and how old the fork is depends on if its an issue if you need new bushes ... either that or is there like compression rings missing from the headset ??

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 16:44 Quote
caravanking wrote:
willrimington wrote:
caravanking wrote:
play in the fork stanchions and bushes them... thats all i can think of and depending on how much play there is and how old the fork is depends on if its an issue if you need new bushes ... either that or is there like compression rings missing from the headset ??
the forks r pretty much brand new dj2's so they should'nt need new stanchions or bushes yet! i really dont no! i was jus wonderin wot other ppl wiv transitions hav done 2 get their bikes runin gd! maybe it's that i hav the wrong head set or sumin!!!!

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 17:03 Quote
service your headset and check your steerer cos u may have crushed it or something by over tightening your stem bolts.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011899
Mobile Version of Website