first ever berm attempt

PB Forum :: Trail Building
first ever berm attempt
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 12:44 Quote
yea needs to be much longer, other than that, looks good, you'll be railing in no time!

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 12:49 Quote
judging by the looks of things it should be ok for drainage. but other than that you should avoid digging into ground

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
actually i have some major drainage issues almost thinkin about starting all over with my jumps and everything pics shortly my berm is almost under water and the whole run from the berm to the table is under water but im thinking its because it has been raining pretty steady for the past week Madder Really Mad

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 14:20 Quote
digging down near trees = Thumbs Down whether it be a berm, transition anything. If you have to go near a tree, only pile dirt above ground level, never go below. You will always hit some gigantic roots like in that first pic and cutting them is not the right thing to do. Otherwise nice work Smile

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 14:27 Quote
actually i didnt have o cut any roots from that tree thats a pile of roots and such tha t i had raked up but yea digging around trees is tough shit and why is cuting them bad?

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 14:33 Quote
because they will spread more and either draw more water there

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 9:00 Quote
heres the drainage problems

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 9:19 Quote
sicknasty5489 wrote:
heres the drainage problems

photo

photo
well the way to sort that out is drainage channels. or just did a large whole where the puddle is fill with hardcore and the top with dirt Salute
gd luck Wink

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 9:21 Quote
yea i got it to go down some its really only wet there during the spring another month or so and itll never have water its just because of all the rain we have been having

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 9:23 Quote
sicknasty5489 wrote:
yea i got it to go down some its really only wet there during the spring another month or so and itll never have water its just because of all the rain we have been having

or you could bottle the water and use in the summer for lips etc ?

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 9:24 Quote
there is a river right next to the trails so i dont really need to sae the water but that would be an idea for farther back in the trails i could fill up some 55 gallon drums now you got me thinking thanks Smile

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 9:26 Quote
sicknasty5489 wrote:
there is a river right next to the trails so i dont really need to sae the water but that would be an idea for farther back in the trails i could fill up some 55 gallon drums now you got me thinking thanks Smile

good to know Wink i have seen large drums used as fillers for jumps and they seem to work fine. or as pumps

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 12:38 Quote
wow yer that is some drainage problems. basically although it seems more work but dont dig below ground level or have some sorta channel like said before to guide it away Salute

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 12:54 Quote
yea i dug some small trenches and it went down some

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 13:02 Quote
sicknasty5489 wrote:
yea i dug some small trenches and it went down some

cool , now try stabbbing the fork in to the puddle to make small hole to drain water Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.071165
Mobile Version of Website