Powered by Outside

How to deal with trail vandalism?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
How to deal with trail vandalism?
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 17:15 Quote
People walkin there dogs hate mtbers so they wreck everthing I build. Hide the entrance to your trail and the exit.......I have also had stupid kids try to change my trail. My mtb bro Jonny post sighns on his hand built trail telling the no gooders to behave. It helps but vandles will be vandles.
If you catch em but Rape em.Just use a stick!

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 17:22 Quote
in the vietnam war the vc dug holes with spikes in the bottom and coverd them with leaves it was very effective
GregBhudda wrote:
People walkin there dogs hate mtbers so they wreck everthing I build. Hide the entrance to your trail and the exit.......I have also had stupid kids try to change my trail. My mtb bro Jonny post sighns on his hand built trail telling the no gooders to behave. It helps but vandles will be vandles.

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 17:42 Quote
Traps work but you give the Vandles an excuse to step it up.We have a trail Nazi on the Shore he puts logs accross the trails on steep blind cornners. I wonder who would admit they were but raped by an irate mountain biker with a stick?

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 21:37 Quote
gutless wrote:
in the vietnam war the vc dug holes with spikes in the bottom and coverd them with leaves it was very effective
GregBhudda wrote:
it's called a Punji Pit Wink

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 11:27 Quote
at our trails the ramps got wrecked. i saw some teenagers going though the hedge to get to the the ramps. i followed them in and sat on the starting hill watching them kicking off the tops.. called them all up to where i was THEY STILL DENIED IT lOL Big Grin . called up all the bikers in the area and they all came and had a go at them and made them rebuild them to how they were.. they kept on saying they got to be home now hahah.tup

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 11:39 Quote
harleyuk wrote:
at our trails the ramps got wrecked. i saw some teenagers going though the hedge to get to the the ramps. i followed them in and sat on the starting hill watching them kicking off the tops.. called them all up to where i was THEY STILL DENIED IT lOL Big Grin . called up all the bikers in the area and they all came and had a go at them and made them rebuild them to how they were.. they kept on saying they got to be home now hahah.tup

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 11:44 Quote
That is the best news I have heard in a long time.Absoluly awsome that you held the vandals responsible and acted in a positive mannor.Just wish you had video to post of the event.That would be VOD.All the same thanx for the positive spin.
Caught the bastards and made them rebuild the jumps I LOVE IT!!!!!

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 11:48 Quote
GregBhudda wrote:
That is the best news I have heard in a long time.Absoluly awsome that you held the vandals responsible and acted in a positive mannor.Just wish you had video to post of the event.That would be VOD.All the same thanx for the positive spin.
Caught the bastards and made them rebuild the jumps I LOVE IT!!!!!

lol ye by hand for the perfect finish Big Grin .. didnt think of getting out my phone and videoing at the time but maybe next time, which there will not be as they havent gone back there for like a year now haha..

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 12:26 Quote
GregBhudda wrote:
Traps work but you give the Vandles an excuse to step it up.We have a trail Nazi on the Shore he puts logs accross the trails on steep blind cornners. I wonder who would admit they were but raped by an irate mountain biker with a stick?

LMFAO! lol

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015738
Mobile Version of Website