Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

RST Forks?

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:29 Quote
-biker4life- wrote:
dirtjumper1132 wrote:
i dont like rst forks, ive tried rst gila's and they suck.

um yeah they have new forks now. rst are an atomlab team sponser and your comment is like saying "i dont like rockshox, ive tried judys and they suck. Boxxer WC must be crap as!"

how can you possibly compared judy to Boxxer. im sorry you just cannot. i thinnk judy are very good for the price and light XC, very plush, ,but rebound sucks. Try a Boxxer or totem or like domain. you'll fall in love.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:29 Quote
All I know about RST is they manufacture Manitou forks. Given the long history of manufacturing problems with manitous I'll pass even though they are looking better.

FL
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:31 Quote
princeofthenorth wrote:
-biker4life- wrote:
dirtjumper1132 wrote:
i dont like rst forks, ive tried rst gila's and they suck.

um yeah they have new forks now. rst are an atomlab team sponser and your comment is like saying "i dont like rockshox, ive tried judys and they suck. Boxxer WC must be crap as!"

how can you possibly compared judy to Boxxer. im sorry you just cannot. i thinnk judy are very good for the price and light XC, very plush, ,but rebound sucks. Try a Boxxer or totem or like domain. you'll fall in love.

I arnt. i am ripping on the guy above.i ride boxxer wc and love them. I was proving my point that the princeofthenorth cannot compare his old rst gillas to their new dj forks.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:32 Quote
i doin't know what they were, i just test rode. it said RST on it, thats all i had time for with that raleigh bike

FL
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
sepi wrote:
Right, this thread isnt going to go downhill, the guy asked a simple question and now its just being flooded with pointless crap. If you've honestly had a bad experience with the fork, post it up, explain the situation. If your just here to try and fit in and be cool by hating on a product that you've never ridden as your way to narrow minded to consider options that aren't 'scene' then dont post.

period.

First of all, thank you sir.

OK, to start, all companies have their good ideas, products and the like. RST are known to make some forks that are somewhat below what we might consider ride able, but all fork companies have that. For instance, Rock Shox had the Judy come on most beginner bikes for a long while and I can honestly say, having ridden a few pairs in the past, that they weren't their greatest achievement from that time. Manitou and Marzocchi are no exception to this rule either.

Basicly, the moral of the story is, you get what you pay for most times. From what I have heard from most reviews and riders, the new line of RST forks arent that bad and actually for the money are really quite a good value. There is actually a guy around here somewhere in another RST thread that works for RST and im sure if you could find him he would be more than happy to help.

Good luck mate.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:50 Quote
webber123 wrote:
u do relise wat RST stand for Riged Suspention Tecnolegy Wink (Bad spellin i no)

Just a little correction. Its Rapid Suspension Technology. please get your facts straight before you post. also if your having trouble spelling something...right click it and it will give you a spell check.

anyways, RST isn't all that bad. they are a good fork if your on a budget or just getting into mountain biking.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:51 Quote
ok, and do you really think that RST stands for rigid suspension technology? thta just doesnt work. first of all it's Rapis Suspension Technology and the idea of rigid suspension isn't possible.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:51 Quote
and the space is actually a pretty legit fork. they look nice , and ive heard from phil sundbaum that they ride nice

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 2:00 Quote
hi mine (back in the day)
was on a box reflex
lol

it was a rst 381 with travel adjust(wooo mental my mates used to say)they all had the chilli's with loke 2mm drop outs and 2 mm travel
mine wer 120 mm travel and we were blasting down a fire track whilst i was jumping off the inbankments about 8 foot up
landed the last one a bit front heavy and the tops popped off and a spring flung out so fast its coiled into my helmet! if it would have hit my eye whicjh it was inline with i wouldnt be here
the other spring hit the picnic area about 700 feet away

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 2:03 Quote
webber123 wrote:
konasarkprimo wrote:
webber123 wrote:
u do relise wat RST stand for Riged Suspention Tecnolegy Wink (Bad spellin i no)

Ummm, what???
sorry i ment rigid suspension technology---RST

can someone please tell me what this guy is going on about

its

rapid suspension technology--rst do youre research mate

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 2:24 Quote
howiehucker wrote:
webber123 wrote:
konasarkprimo wrote:

Ummm, what???
sorry i ment rigid suspension technology---RST

can someone please tell me what this guy is going on about

its

rapid suspension technology--rst do youre research mate

Dude, it's supposed to be funny. You know...an oxymoron...rigid suspension...Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 5:59 Quote
RSTs might not be the best of the best, but they beat zoom forks any day Big Grin

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
ive gt rsts

i dnt seem to have ne problems

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
photo

Go ahead and buy one!

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
plain and simple no

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013903
Mobile Version of Website