Powered by Outside

Rockshox Revelation for dirt/park?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Rockshox Revelation for dirt/park?
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 4:08 Quote
The only way to get a light strong fork is to go for fox, but if you cannot afford that then I suggest you stick to a heavy Dirt jump specific fork rather than buying an all mountain fork and hoping it survives. Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:03 Quote
How are they for park and dirt though? I wouldn't wanna spend all that dough on a fork that's just gonna break.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:15 Quote
Both the Talas and Float are again, designed for FR/DH/AM riding, so durability for Dirt and Park is unknown though will defiantly be stronger than using a Revelation (bigger sanctions)... For a Fox fork, buy the new 831 and simply either buy a adapter for your hub (if available) or a new one.

But if you really are still wanting to lighten up, it might just be easier to buy a durable fork and save weight in other areas such as the wheelset or cranks etc.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:21 Quote
Both the Talas and Float are XC and AM, same as the revelation.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:27 Quote
Not the 36's....
[Quoten]
INTENDED USE
DH, FR, AM[/Quoten] http://www.foxracingshox.com/bike/10/forks/36_FLOAT

Revalation is a 32mm sanction meaning less strength with Aluminium uppers (plus steerer).

Crown Forged, Hollow 6061 T-6 Aluminum
Upper Tubes 32mm, 7000 Series Straight Wall Aluminum, Low Friction Anodized
[/Quoten] http://www.sram.com/node/100/src/cat/brand/rockshox/

In other words splash out the extra dough and buy the 831 or a proper DJ/Park fork and shall avoid this issue of breaking/bending. Because buying the wrong fork in the first place will just lead to spending more money repairing it and/or gettign a new one.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:31 Quote
This is true. At 700 bucks though, haha.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:35 Quote
Though it does mean you have one of the best forks on the market Big Grin

Welcome to the world of bike parts...

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:36 Quote
Haha yeah bro I hear ya. That 831 looks f*ckin legit though. The only reason I wanted the revelation was because I can get em 50%off through work.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:43 Quote
Still best to get the 831, will save you the money in the long run Smile

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 6:45 Quote
Theres gotta be another option than fox though.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 9:35 Quote
dobby wrote:
Still best to get the 831, will save you the money in the long run Smile

Umm, how so? I personally know someone who has broken one within his first month riding, and hes not as hard on his parts compared to me. I on the other hand, have been riding my Revelation for over a year. Learnt tailwhips and 3s with it.

Don't listen to these fufus, get the revelation.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 9:38 Quote
And aswell, the lowers on the 32s can't exactly taker a beating. The arch will snap doing footjams. And I rode a 32 not too long ago(either last week or the week before), it flexs like mad doing footjams and nose manuals. The 831 is just a glorified 32 float.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 13:36 Quote
What about the x-fusion velvet?

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 18:09 Quote
benjamindoucett wrote:
What about the x-fusion velvet?

Sketchfusion. Too much flex. Just get the revelation. Make sure you maintain it though. I had a Reba's lowers fall off on me today(well, actually it was one of my retard buddies who decided it would be cool to ride my bike without asking) due to lack of attentino to detail. The bolts weren't put back on...

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 9:18 Quote
Thats the sweet thing about dirtjumpers. They need very little maintenance other than oil changes every few months and they're tough as f*ck. As sweet as a light fork would be, I don't want it to be like a new born child needing alot of attention. ya diggg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012377
Mobile Version of Website