Powered by Outside

How to footjam tailwhip

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How to footjam tailwhip
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 18:21 Quote
anybody got a vid? i think that7 would help me more personally

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 18:43 Quote
ill see if i can get a vid up in the next couple of days if it will help.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 18:44 Quote
redbullit wrote:
ill see if i can get a vid up in the next couple of days if it will help.

please and thank you

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 19:40 Quote

Not me but still this guys good at it.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 19:42 Quote
yea, that was sick, except u could tell he was leaning a bit too far forward because his tire hit the ground. not saying i can do better i was just explaining why his tire hit.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 19:46 Quote
Oh and just if any of you noticed my picture looks like I'm doing a footjam tailwhip but it's a handlebarhop whip. It's similiar but first you step over your bars then footjam and tailwhip your bike 180 degrees and then lean back and spin your bars and roll out.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 20:03 Quote
redbullit wrote:
well, it took me about a week before i got it, i used to do that too, i find that if u actually have a good speed its easier but nto too much or your back tire hits the ground when it gets to 180 degrees, and i try to actually move back and forth liek im actually trying to balance instead of just falling onto my other foot liek i did in the start.

ohhh, like when you do a normal tail whip on a jump your move the bars around to make the tail whip around a lot faster, do you do the same thing for this?

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 20:05 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:

ohhh, like when you do a normal tail whip on a jump your move the bars around to make the tail whip around a lot faster, do you do the same thing for this?

no, DEFINATELY DON'T DO THAT, you will fall for sure. i just meant to say its all about balance, and i lean the opposite way im falling to balance longer on the tire.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 22:18 Quote
redbullit wrote:
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:

no, DEFINATELY DON'T DO THAT, you will fall for sure. i just meant to say its all about balance, and i lean the opposite way im falling to balance longer on the tire.

Ha ha, good thing you told be that.

I ws also wondering if it is possible to just fling the tail 180 degrees and then yourn your body the oposit 180 degrees with the bar and do like a 180 tail whip foo jam thing.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 22:20 Quote
haha its worth a try i guess, ive never thought of that but it sounds liek it would look cool, but my advice to you for trying those would be to make sure you dotn land on your face or jab ur ribs with your stem. cause ive jabbed myself and almost fell on my face when the biek hit the ground at 180 degrees

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 22:35 Quote
this is more like a whiplash..

if you wanna do a footjam whip you have to to a kind of nose manual ( very short )

then do a kind of 1 footcancan, and put that foot on your front wheel, and then continue whipping the bike.

the main trick is.. put your weight forward..

i dunno who is this guy who posted in the first page, telling that he practiced for 6 months with no results, but do not listen to him..

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 22:52 Quote
veilsidejoe11 wrote:
this is more like a whiplash..

if you wanna do a footjam whip you have to to a kind of nose manual ( very short )

then do a kind of 1 footcancan, and put that foot on your front wheel, and then continue whipping the bike.

the main trick is.. put your weight forward..

i dunno who is this guy who posted in the first page, telling that he practiced for 6 months with no results, but do not listen to him..

ya serriously, i feel like i almost got it to, and on my first day!

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
Views: 2,012    Faves: 0    Comments: 16

i need some help to

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
dejussel wrote:

Not me but still this guys good at it.
i see two brake levers on that

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 8:54 Quote
smahood wrote:
I made that trick when i was 12 Beer But it was on bmx tho

want a cookie?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010090
Mobile Version of Website