Powered by Outside

The GT Fury Thread: Post your GT Fury

PB Forum :: GT
The GT Fury Thread: Post your GT Fury
Posted: May 10, 2023 at 0:50 Quote
Hi does anyone know where I can get a seatstay for the 2019 fury In black? Also in need of some linkage bolts. Also has anyone replaced the lower shock bolt with something stronger?

Posted: May 10, 2023 at 5:47 Quote
Gt should be able to hook you up with a seatstay, although if you want it black you may have to paint it. You can use quality spray paint from SPRAY.bike and then use automotive clear coat over it. I tried sourcing a solid bolt from Australia but ran into shipping issues unfortunately. I asked T-Mac what he uses (it’s obviously not the stock bolt in the bike-check photos) and he said he just uses a grade 8 solid bolt from Home Depot with washers on either side of the flip chips. With that said the bolt won’t break in the low setting, I’ve way overshot road gaps and such without issue. But it will break in the high setting because the chamfered flip chips essentially acts as a spreader and snaps it. Hopefully you can get up and running before the lifts open! Cheers

Posted: May 10, 2023 at 6:34 Quote
Thanks man! Is the normal bolt more likely to snap in the high or the low setting? I have it in the low setting at the moment, running mine as a mullet

Posted: May 10, 2023 at 7:16 Quote
In low setting the stock bolt won’t break, I’ve been running it for roughly 150 hours of dh without issue. I do periodically check the torque to make sure it’s not getting loose, but it’s been solid. This is kind of a grey area but personally I’d recommend over torquing the upper eyelet bolts to 7 or 8nm with loctite 243 not 242 (243 is more resistant to oil/grease on threads). I’ve had those bolts come loose numerous times, sometimes after only a lap or 2, but after going to 7nm with loctite 243 it hasn’t been an issue.

Posted: May 10, 2023 at 12:02 Quote
Mate I had the same issue with the top bolts and i did the same as you! It seems to be working, i didn’t notice it and it came loose and ovalised the hole that the bearing sits in so I had to get a new rocker link! So anoyying
Now I check it every run!
So far Iv been running the shock bolt in the low position, I put red lock right on the threads of the lower bolt to make sure it doesn’t come loose

Posted: May 12, 2023 at 10:17 Quote
@willcarpenter8

https://sicd.co.uk/product/shock-bolt-for-gt-fury-2019-2021/

Bolt for lower

Will, if you're running in mullet what headset cups do you have? Due to the lower/smaller rear, you need a 2deg reverse slackset.

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/20-degree-zs49-zs49-angle-headset---to-suit-1-18-steerer-tube-59-p.asp

My lad races 2 GT Fury's in National DH.

P.s I did the bpw Enduro too. I've not entered the next one yet.

Posted: May 12, 2023 at 10:36 Quote
Thanks man! Yeah iv got the -2 degree headset cup in! I listened to your advice! Thanks

Posted: Jul 1, 2023 at 8:37 Quote
Hi. Also looking to get a seat stay for 2019 GT Fury Peak 29er medium. Anyone out there looking to sell one?

My LBS contacted GT and word from GT is that they are out of them. Still waiting to hear back for final word but doesn’t look good.

I bought the bike off PB and just received it but haven’t ridden it yet. While detailing it I found the crack just under the thru axle. The prior owner who’s a good dude mentioned a creaking noise in the rear but assured me it wasn’t due to a crack.

If I can’t find a new one, I’m guessing it’s not safe to ride?

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 1, 2023 at 8:57 Quote
Personally I’d just fill it with meta filler and ride it bro, also, if you speak to a good aluminium welder they may be able to weld it

Posted: Jul 1, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
Thanks for the quick response!

Posted: Jul 2, 2023 at 3:51 Quote
I've got a 29er back end in blue. But shipping may be prohibitive.

Posted: Jul 4, 2023 at 13:11 Quote
weeksy59 wrote:
I've got a 29er back end in blue. But shipping may be prohibitive.

Mate can I get this off you please? I’m only in Forest of Dean

Posted: Aug 9, 2023 at 15:05 Quote
Anyone know what kind of bearing they use for the seat stay pivot shock link on a 2019 GT Fury?

I’m trying to order Part #K36189 for it but GT doesn’t have it. They said some shops may have the bearing kit.

But I’m just wondering if it is a GT original bearing or if it is a common bearing used in other bikes?

Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks.

Posted: Aug 9, 2023 at 16:38 Quote
And weeksy59, thank you for your offer.

I was able to get a seat stay, now I just need the suspension bearing size. Cheers!

Posted: Aug 9, 2023 at 17:39 Quote
Just found out the suspension bearings for the seat stay linkage are 12idx28odx12. Now I must find where to find these.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043159
Mobile Version of Website