Powered by Outside

2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 7:18 Quote
m1na wrote:
Kitchenboy01 wrote:

Is there anything else i could use other than the bands should i not be able to get hold of them?
Yes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_tape
:-)

There's always one

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
Kitchenboy01 wrote:
It was the end of the month before anywhere had them in stock as far as i was aware when i checked yesterday Confused

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/nz/en/rockshox-monarch-vivid-bottomless-ring-kit/rp-prod123818

in stock on crc

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 14:20 Quote
Finally have the shock and fork behaving how I want them which is a relief, still going to throw a bottomless band or two in the shock though I think.

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 14:38 Quote
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
Finally have the shock and fork behaving how I want them which is a relief, still going to throw a bottomless band or two in the shock though I think.

same, I had mine feeling nice and plush but took it in for a service due to that click noose I posted about before. Turned out I had blown a damper seal somehow - unless it was defective from the start I hadn't noticed a bad bottom out at any point. Think I need bottomless bands just in case. You're in NZ ay? Where are you getting them from?

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 17:42 Quote
Here is mine so far just upgraded cranks to XO1 in 170mm instead of stock 175. Can't find one complaint about the bike so far!
new giant reign

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 19:17 Quote
I asked the question before but no one responded. I am interested in upgrading my slx cranks as well but not familiar with the bb92 standard. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. What q factor should I be considering and are there specific bb92 cranks?

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 23:30 Quote
bentown wrote:
hambee-enchurbro wrote:

same, I had mine feeling nice and plush but took it in for a service due to that click noose I posted about before. Turned out I had blown a damper seal somehow - unless it was defective from the start I hadn't noticed a bad bottom out at any point. Think I need bottomless bands just in case. You're in NZ ay? Where are you getting them from?

Sure am, will go through local bike shop I think

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 20:35 Quote
adhd wrote:
I asked the question before but no one responded. I am interested in upgrading my slx cranks as well but not familiar with the bb92 standard. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. What q factor should I be considering and are there specific bb92 cranks?
the reign goes for width of the bb not the spindle so its a wider bb interface but a gxp, on the sram models, crank still.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 20:41 Quote
I am not understanding your post. I do understand that the width of the bb shell is 92 mm. Are there particular cranks that have a long enough spindle to work? Sram cranks also have different q factors options ranging from q 168 to q 156

I am still lost.

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 21:55 Quote
[Quote="adhd"]I am not understanding your post. I do understand that the width of the bb shell is 92 mm. Are there particular cranks that have a long enough spindle to work? Sram cranks also have different q factors options ranging from q 168 to q 156

I am still lost.[/Quote

I got the Raceface Turbine cranks and they are great. The majority of manufacturers utilize BB 92. So finding cranks to replace your SLX won't be difficult.

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 22:32 Quote
adhd wrote:
I am not understanding your post. I do understand that the width of the bb shell is 92 mm. Are there particular cranks that have a long enough spindle to work? Sram cranks also have different q factors options ranging from q 168 to q 156

I am still lost.

The bottom bracket is PF92 type, the crank is 68/73mm type crank.
You can purchase a standard Shimano 68/73mm crank or SRAM GXP Crank; replace the BSA External BB with PF92 BB.
To make it clearer; the internal 92mm BB = 73mm + external BB width.
Q Factor is not really the issue here.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 2:51 Quote
Watch this youtube vid, it explains the new pressfit bottom bracket standards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AftPKuX_tyo

Also the Reign 2 comes with the BB71-41 (41 stands for the bore diameter in mm where the BB goes) bottom bracket, the BB91 is a higher spec then the BB71. You can fit the BB92 to the Reign but you'll need to fit a shim (that comes with it) to the drive side of the BB. Any crankset with a 24mm axle will fit.

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 4:51 Quote
For reference, if anyone's thinking of a stealth job, thanks to hardtailrider2013 for the shop. Raw would look cool, but these frames just look sooo good in black.
photo

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 5:19 Quote
nick-c94 wrote:
For reference, if anyone's thinking of a stealth job, thanks to hardtailrider2013 for the shop. Raw would look cool, but these frames just look sooo good in black.
photo

Love that man!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.833134
Mobile Version of Website