Powered by Outside

2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:
Can anyone confirm the 2016 stumpy expert 29 OEM Pike rc can have it's air shaft swapped out for 150 & 160mm versions?

also does anyone have any info on the ohilns coil graves has fitted to his stumpy? gives 150mm travel with the standard yoke apparently.

cheers
I swapped my 150 650b rc to 160mm.

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 6:30 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:
Can anyone confirm the 2016 stumpy expert 29 OEM Pike rc can have it's air shaft swapped out for 150 & 160mm versions?

also does anyone have any info on the ohilns coil graves has fitted to his stumpy? gives 150mm travel with the standard yoke apparently.

cheers

Yes to your first question.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 22:00 Quote
Anyone picking up a topaz t3 air?

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
Meyercord wrote:

Hmm, I have been seriously considering this. I picked up a Corset sleeve a little while back and want keen, went back to the standard sleeve as needed to run too higher pressures for good mid stroke support. Steve at Vorsprung then kindly sent me the Stumpjumper specific sleeve which I installed yesterday. Took it out for a brief ride this morning and is definitely an improvement but still think it rides too low in its travel. I'm going to try some negative air chamber spacers to reduce the volume slightly but this will undoubtedly be risking small bump compliance. Have been looking at the DVO and the Monarch along with the yoke conversion and potentially a coil shock. The chamber spacers are very similar to that on the DVO and the premises behind the Corset sleeve are very similar to the DVO as well which makes me think the same issues will be present. I weigh around the 95kg mark with gear on (I'm 6ft7) - just wondering what other riders with similar weights think of alternate shocks. I had my CTD push tuned and it still felt somewhat underwhelming unfortunately! (In no way a dig at TF as I think it's more the shock than the tune).

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 12:03 Quote
madThehatter wrote:
Meyercord wrote:

Hmm, I have been seriously considering this. I picked up a Corset sleeve a little while back and want keen, went back to the standard sleeve as needed to run too higher pressures for good mid stroke support. Steve at Vorsprung then kindly sent me the Stumpjumper specific sleeve which I installed yesterday. Took it out for a brief ride this morning and is definitely an improvement but still think it rides too low in its travel. I'm going to try some negative air chamber spacers to reduce the volume slightly but this will undoubtedly be risking small bump compliance. Have been looking at the DVO and the Monarch along with the yoke conversion and potentially a coil shock. The chamber spacers are very similar to that on the DVO and the premises behind the Corset sleeve are very similar to the DVO as well which makes me think the same issues will be present. I weigh around the 95kg mark with gear on (I'm 6ft7) - just wondering what other riders with similar weights think of alternate shocks. I had my CTD push tuned and it still felt somewhat underwhelming unfortunately! (In no way a dig at TF as I think it's more the shock than the tune).
Hmmm I'm not sure what to tell you. The pushed shock was a letdown for me as well, however the monarch debonair has been fantastic. A little harsh on larger impacts. Keep in mind I weight 70kgs. I am considering the dvo for a bit more tunability with the bladder. The ohlins is also a possibility. A few local guys have them and absolutely love them, along with their fork.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 10:01 Quote
Does the resi shock make a big difference? Im thinking of upgrading but not sure it's worth the money.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 18:59 Quote
Kvnmcwn wrote:
Does the resi shock make a big difference? Im thinking of upgrading but not sure it's worth the money.
The debonair monarch is worlds better than the fox.

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 at 8:33 Quote
Meyercord wrote:
Kvnmcwn wrote:
Why though? What's the reasoning for it being better?

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
madThehatter wrote:
Meyercord wrote:
Kvnmcwn wrote:
More traction, more supportive, more supple off the top and easier to adjust the end stroke ramp. I'm not blowing through travel like I was with the fox.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 9:44 Quote
Meyercord wrote:
madThehatter wrote:
Meyercord wrote:

More traction, more supportive, more supple off the top and easier to adjust the end stroke ramp. I'm not blowing through travel like I was with the fox.

I just got a DVO topaz and am seeing the same results as your Monarch.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 14:32 Quote
what are all the upgrade options for a 2016 29 stumpy rear shock then?
finding the fox a bit meh.. it's good for trail riding but not pushing on

so far I've seen

DVO topaz
Debonair monarch
Ohlins air
Ohlins coil
eleven six

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 15:01 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:
what are all the upgrade options for a 2016 29 stumpy rear shock then?
finding the fox a bit meh.. it's good for trail riding but not pushing on

so far I've seen

DVO topaz
Debonair monarch
Ohlins air
Ohlins coil
eleven six

That's pretty much it, but if there is a will there is a way
photo

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 18:08 Quote
The Monarch Debonair is great for the SJ ... just make sure you load up on volume spacers.

I even run one on my Enduro Evo. It's great for trail riding and even handles big hits pretty well. Doesn't quite have the 'bottomless' feel that a Vivid Air would have, but the climbswitch makes all the difference for me on that bike.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 21:18 Quote
I'm only running four bands on my monarch.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 21:21 Quote
Meyercord wrote:
I'm only running four bands on my monarch.

Do you jump a lot?

I set up my stuff to be supple in the beginning stroke and really ramp up near the end to prevent bottoming on big hits. I think I'm at 8 bands on my Stumpjumper ... then again, I ride it like an Enduro.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.155838
Mobile Version of Website