Powered by Outside

Ferrum Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Ferrum Bikes
Posted: Oct 27, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
Joevial wrote:
I have read every single post and seen everyones builds. I definitely used this thread when I was considering a Ferrum, and I am so glad that I got one! I picked up a Ferrum LVN160, went with a custom yellow with gold flake. The bike has been absolutely incredible for me. I built it specially for sessions... jumps, drops, the occasional rock garden. It handles air time like no other bike I have ridden. Extreme confidence inspiring ride quality. Soft when you need it, but it pops when you want it to pop.

I made a video of the bike if ya'll want to see it in action! I talk a little more about it's positives and negatives in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CL9NymPfYI

But yeah, I have been on my LVN160 for several months now, if you have any questions about sizing, ride quality, build quality, just ask Smile

Hey you built your LVN160 with 29” wheels right? I just threw some on with only 2.3” wide tires and they are just 1mm or less from rubbing on the chain stay. Seems really odd and if a single pebble gets stuck in my treads it’s gonna bash the chain stay for sure. Can I ask what tires you are running in the rear?

Posted: Oct 30, 2023 at 10:51 Quote
Well... Its all built up!!

photo

The new Ferrum LVN 160 build.... is complete

photo

photo

photo

Probably need some narrower tires in the rear and the forks steerer tube was BARELY long enough to make it but it works. Also I have like 3 different adaptors on the rear to make that brake work.. but other than that, its all gravy!

I was sure to go and ride it before weighing it and I am glad I did. It actually climbs pretty damn well and is super stable and fun downhill. That said.. I just weighed it and found out it weighs over 41.5 lbs haha. Even with the weight it felt zippier uphill than my 2021 stumpjumper evo. The frame is built like a tank but is surprising nimble for how long and heavy it is. I've only had one day of riding on it so far though. Im hoping to get at least one more big ride in this year with it and see how it does on a rocky 2500+ ft so I'll keep yall posted on how it performs there.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2023 at 10:56 Quote
Takaya94 wrote:
Joevial wrote:
I have read every single post and seen everyones builds. I definitely used this thread when I was considering a Ferrum, and I am so glad that I got one! I picked up a Ferrum LVN160, went with a custom yellow with gold flake. The bike has been absolutely incredible for me. I built it specially for sessions... jumps, drops, the occasional rock garden. It handles air time like no other bike I have ridden. Extreme confidence inspiring ride quality. Soft when you need it, but it pops when you want it to pop.

I made a video of the bike if ya'll want to see it in action! I talk a little more about it's positives and negatives in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CL9NymPfYI

But yeah, I have been on my LVN160 for several months now, if you have any questions about sizing, ride quality, build quality, just ask Smile

Hey you built your LVN160 with 29” wheels right? I just threw some on with only 2.3” wide tires and they are just 1mm or less from rubbing on the chain stay. Seems really odd and if a single pebble gets stuck in my treads it’s gonna bash the chain stay for sure. Can I ask what tires you are running in the rear?

I'm actually running full 27.5" on mine. I have noticed the clearance on 27.5 x 2.6 in the rear is tight, that's a bummer that 29.0 x 2.3 doesn't fit. I wanted to try full 29", sounds like mullet would be a better option.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2023 at 11:02 Quote
Takaya94 wrote:
Well... Its all built up!!

Probably need some narrower tires in the rear and the forks steerer tube was BARELY long enough to make it but it works. Also I have like 3 different adaptors on the rear to make that brake work.. but other than that, its all gravy!

I was sure to go and ride it before weighing it and I am glad I did. It actually climbs pretty damn well and is super stable and fun downhill. That said.. I just weighed it and found out it weighs over 41.5 lbs haha. Even with the weight it felt zippier uphill than my 2021 stumpjumper evo. The frame is built like a tank but is surprising nimble for how long and heavy it is. I've only had one day of riding on it so far though. Im hoping to get at least one more big ride in this year with it and see how it does on a rocky 2500+ ft so I'll keep yall posted on how it performs there.

Absolutely stunning build man! I agree the LVN160 pedals surprisingly well.

Looking forward to hearing how the Push performs and if you have any bottom out issues (short stroke length on the LVN160)

Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 14:36 Quote
I’m running a 2.5” 27.5 rear wheel. Sliders set to the middle. Big fan of the mullet setup. I’m heavier so had MRP tune the shock to the firmer setting. Only a handful of rides so far, but this this thing rips!

Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 9:23 Quote
First set up was nice... but I decided to change it up. See the Ferrum LVN 160 - Intend suspension edition!

photo

Posted: Feb 2, 2024 at 20:25 Quote
Takaya94 wrote:
First set up was nice... but I decided to change it up. See the Ferrum LVN 160 - Intend suspension edition!

photo

That is pretty mad hatter looking! I love it. How does it feel now compared to the prior shock and fork?

Posted: Feb 3, 2024 at 13:57 Quote
The new set up feels great. Very supple off the top and similar to the coil set up, but the progression is nice and I never feel any harsh bottom outs. Probabaly helps that this shock was actually tuned for this frame though.

I’m super stoked that it won bike of the day yesterday on VitalMTB as well! Got to show off Ferrum on the big stage.

Posted: Feb 3, 2024 at 14:33 Quote
Takaya94 wrote:
The new set up feels great. Very supple off the top and similar to the coil set up, but the progression is nice and I never feel any harsh bottom outs. Probabaly helps that this shock was actually tuned for this frame though.

I’m super stoked that it won bike of the day yesterday on VitalMTB as well! Got to show off Ferrum on the big stage.
Great to hear that. Super pumped for you on the bike of the day win!! Nicely done. It looks great and surely some people who never knew, now do. I am on the fence about this frame as I was an early adopter on the NV170. But I like this iteration a lot. Enjoy the rides!

Posted: Feb 10, 2024 at 14:06 Quote
A year into ownership and still ripping! Friend made the custom framebag that will fit a bottle, tools, and a snack. Like a singular gummybear.
photo

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 21:49 Quote
TheKutittaja wrote:
A year into ownership and still ripping! Friend made the custom framebag that will fit a bottle, tools, and a snack. Like a singular gummybear.
photo

photo

photo

Great to hear this. The bike looks sweet, the bag is a nice bit, but the duckie front fender takes the top honors.

Posted: Jun 8, 2024 at 13:47 Quote
Hey guys, I’m selling my size S2 Ferrum LVN 160 in Gloss White with both the V1 and V2 shock yokes, a Push 11.6 coil, 3 springs, headset, bottom bracket, and more! Only looking to get $950 so let me know if you’re interested.

I loved the bike but found a killer deal on a Nicolai that I couldn’t say no to so I have to sell this one to help cover the cost.

Shoot any questions my way. Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019198
Mobile Version of Website