Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
lexx wrote:
erik74 wrote:
igz- wrote:
All Manitou forks have it.
just wondering if they still did...
personally i love that reversed arch. the look and it works great for footjams though some people will disagree.
It's shitty for footdams. I kill my big toe in that thing

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
fireman- wrote:
ok! whitebrothers forks are way to pricy for what you get... The BOS company only makes DH forks. RST just plain suck. EDIT: the atomlab forks look ok, but they are kinda heavy. gold lables suck because there made by manitou and marzocchi forks are heavy and snap. ive never even seen/heard of the other one. so that leaves rock shox. ROCK SHOX WINS!!!Big Grin
i said it once and ill sat it again. ROCK SHOX WINS!!!

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
Actually White Bros for the big one is like 1200$ as oppose to like a 888 world cup which is probably more expenisive i think
fireman- wrote:
fireman- wrote:
ok! whitebrothers forks are way to pricy for what you get... The BOS company only makes DH forks. RST just plain suck. EDIT: the atomlab forks look ok, but they are kinda heavy. gold lables suck because there made by manitou and marzocchi forks are heavy and snap. ive never even seen/heard of the other one. so that leaves rock shox. ROCK SHOX WINS!!!Big Grin

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
White Bro's aren't very strong, replacement parts are a bitch.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
marangerrmx wrote:
Actually White Bros for the big one is like 1200$ as oppose to like a 888 world cup which is probably more expenisive i think
fireman- wrote:
fireman- wrote:
well i got my 09 888 ata wc for 975 sooo

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
never mind haha
Glurgg wrote:
marangerrmx wrote:
fireman- wrote:

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
marangerrmx wrote:
never mind haha
Glurgg wrote:
marangerrmx wrote:
You notice how everyone else writes at the BOTTOM of the quotes?

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
photo

I love My RST space 2008 Razz

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
pS-P-TO-D-Km wrote:
photo

i really hate that the stanchions are 36mm, so the lowers are super wide too, then look at the frame...

as a friend who knows nothing about bikes said when looking at my bike and a friends, the RST looks more sturdy, he continued to say it was like thicker/beefier.

i think it takes away from the sleakness of a cr-mo frame...

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
erik74 wrote:
pS-P-TO-D-Km wrote:
photo

i really hate that the stanchions are 36mm, so the lowers are super wide too, then look at the frame...

as a friend who knows nothing about bikes said when looking at my bike and a friends, the RST looks more sturdy, he continued to say it was like thicker/beefier.

i think it takes away from the sleakness of a cr-mo frame...

i agree, get a beefier frame or a thinner fork, just looks weird

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
you should check out bears bike forks there new and id like to see how they work theyre a company from taiwan i think

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
marangerrmx wrote:
never mind haha
Glurgg wrote:
You notice how everyone else writes at the BOTTOM of the quotes?

Hahahahaha. What are the prices like on the Velvet R? Anyone know?

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
cdavis wrote:
Hahahahaha. What are the prices like on the Velvet R? Anyone know?
Not that much, not sure on the exact number. There is one on my local Craigslist for 185 'less then a month old'

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 1:34 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
signorvince wrote:
windowlicker wrote:
Well actually, Atom calls it travel.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3339/atomlabff9.jpg

Way to go! They can call it whatever they want, it's their product. They will tweak the wording to appeal to their target consumer.

If you want to call an elastomer "travel", by all means.
I think for its ridiculous personally. And yeah, your right elastomers don't really mean travel but that's what they call it.
these are overly heavy for what they are, you might as well put really stuiff springs in a lowered argyle 302

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 7:20 Quote
Revelation is the best DJ fork I have ridden.

Didn't ride it for long though... About 10 minutes at the most lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014146
Mobile Version of Website