Powered by Outside

Show off your bike(s) Ladies!

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Show off your bike(s) Ladies!
Posted: Oct 5, 2013 at 13:19 Quote
Status 2 and orange 5, and a glimpse of a stinky. Two (two and a half) scottish girls just finished a season in Morzine !

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 23:38 Quote
photo
photo
photo

I brought this bike in April, I'm pretty sure it's a 2010 Apollo Taos C, there were 2 discounted to half price at the LBS so Hubby and I got one each.
These days I mainly commute to work, got to make an effort to drive back to the small town I used to live in and test it at least on the easy DH trail there (where I live now is a pretty flat coastal town).
Anyway I'd love to get nicer forks (than the Dart 2) and would be awesome to go 1x9, but the current use doesn't warrant the upgrades so Hubby would frown.....he he at least I got to buy DMR V12 Mag Pedals recently. Once it's a year old I'm sure new tires won't be too much of an ask. But gee after having had other bikes with a Tora 318 air and a Domain it does take a bit of getting used to living with a domain, and the fact that I have a beaut carbon frame that's weighed down with lower level components.

Spec:
Apollo Taos C 17" frame....my first ever carbon rig
FSA XC 281 Bar (690mm wide...replaced Easton EA30 that was 640mm, would love to go 710)
Funn 50mm stem
Truvativ Afterburner Cranks
DMR V12 Mag Pedals
Prolite Arvier Wheels (saled hubs)
Michelin Country AT Tyres (2.2)
WTB SST Seat and Easton EA50 Seat Post
Odi TLD lock on grips
Sram X9 rear derailleur
Sram X7 front derailleur
Sram X7 shifters
Juicy 3 brakes (I've had shimano XT's in the past and I don't mind the J3's actually, they feel good and work well, not as much modulation if I was doing more offroad riding compared to my old shimanos though, but with the XT's I found one of the brakes (rear?) was always more spongy than the other no matter what).
Oh yeah Dart 2 coil fork with remote poploc (which I took off the handlebar as I don't see the need for it)

It would just be nice to lighten this bike up, I'm running slime in the tubes because I ride to work and don't want the inconvenience of a flat tyre. Also I know how much the Dart adds compared to better forks (from past experience).
Oh well I'll just wait until the right time, I'm sure I can snavel more upgrades once it's at least a year old Smile

Posted: Feb 3, 2014 at 19:36 Quote
Here's my new baby.... I need to get her out on the dirt again soon!!!!

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 18:34 Quote
Sweet ride, Cazza!

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 15:52 Quote
Thanks Brandi! Hopefully my live gets less busy soon and we can ride!!!!

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 at 6:24 Quote
My Ride as it stands at the minute
My ride as it stands at the mo

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 4:00 Quote
New Facebook site for girls...

For you to post your lasted gear, bikes and favorite trail.

Site also has product reviews and trails reviews so go ahead and give it a like!

Also look out for our recommended product of the week.

www.facebook.com/MTBGirls (MTBGirlsride.com)

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 7:25 Quote
Intense 951 (husband and I share a PB account so dont be fooled by the profile pic haha)

Wifes bike is done. Final touches complete

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 9:36 Quote
Here's my new Beauty - Scott Gambler 10 from 2014. Love it!

My new Beauty

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 at 3:12 Quote
Back is ready front need more paint
  Back is ready front need more paint

photo

Is first bike goint to be happy.
On the color

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 2:39 Quote
Check Out Our New Girls MTB Specific Page www.MTBGirlsRide.net or our Facebook page
www.facebook.com/MTBGirls!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 10:38 Quote
Building up my quiver

Purchased yesterday Smile the Giant Intrigue 2

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 10:34 Quote
I know this is not the right area to be posting but I want some decent replies from riders that have had similar experiences.

So after some time and persuasion, the partner is keen on the idea of getting into some light DH/singletrack.
What sort of bikes would people recommend with 5"+ of travel that's not going to be a pig to ride on flats.

I've been looking at but limited too:
- Specialized SX Trail
- Specialized Big Hit
- Giant Faith
- Kona Stinky
- Norco Fluid
- Norco Shore
- Transition Syren
- Transition TR 250

She is 5'5"ish, weighs next to nothing and has the strength to match lol
A bike that is a little bit lighter, easy to manoeuvre with a good Stand Over height (clam slam needs to be avoided) would be ideal.

Any recommendations and advice is much appreciated.. Girls dont be shy to reply and show off ur rides.!! Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.047652
Mobile Version of Website