Powered by Outside

Football/Soccer Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Football/Soccer Thread
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 13:47 Quote
marty660 wrote:
harriieee wrote:
matt-mtb wrote:
So I dont get why people always say this, all the other teams spent a huge amount of money. We have done it in a short amount of time.

Proves that European football is at its base no longer really a sport, it's just a money-making device. American sporting leagues prevent teams from buying their way to success overnight, by using salary caps, transfer fees players have to pay and strict labour agreements between owners and players. All FIFA and UEFA want to do is make themselves and everyone around them extremely wealthy.

You guys gotta get rid of that Blatter guy or whatever.

Seriously, Russia over England, and then Qatar over USA or Australia?

Russia are doing the same, look how much Eto'o is getting paid.

Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 13:50 Quote
sam-davies wrote:
marty660 wrote:
harriieee wrote:

Proves that European football is at its base no longer really a sport, it's just a money-making device. American sporting leagues prevent teams from buying their way to success overnight, by using salary caps, transfer fees players have to pay and strict labour agreements between owners and players. All FIFA and UEFA want to do is make themselves and everyone around them extremely wealthy.

You guys gotta get rid of that Blatter guy or whatever.

Seriously, Russia over England, and then Qatar over USA or Australia?

Russia are doing the same, look how much Eto'o is getting paid.

350,000k a week. So he get a million every 3 weeks. Im sorry but thats wrong

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 13:34 Quote
Urghhh, just got back from West Brom and getting that sinking feeling :/
This is gunna be a long long season.

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 16:09 Quote
This seasons just mad..

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 5:21 Quote
And another big game ruined because of a poor refereeing decision

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 7:49 Quote
You kidding me? Kompany went in to a two-footed scissor-tackle, deserved red card. Plus United absolutely should have had a penalty when Kolarov scythed down Valencia, could have made it 4-1 there. I'd say that one counterbalances the Phil Jones handball. I hate both Manchester teams but there really isn't much of a case for the ref giving all the calls to United.

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 8:16 Quote
I posted this at half time tbf

And that was never a red imho. If thats a red, we might aswell declare it a non contact sport.

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 8:38 Quote
He flew off his feet and jumped through the air studs facing Nani or Welbeck, can't remember which, but it was pretty reckless. Rule book says any 2 footed lunge is a red whether the ball was won or not.

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 8:50 Quote
Catch it before it's taken down

Two feet, studs up. Not much argument there.

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 17:43 Quote
T H I E R R Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 0:53 Quote
Sometimes you have to go in with your studs showing otherwise you'll end up causing injury to yourself. Kompany was in early, his left foot was away from Nani and he got a clean connection on the ball. That, in my eyes, should've been a yellow. If he had go in completely recklessly then yeah, straight red.

Nice goal by Henry aswell last night.

BTW, if you didn't see Macclesfield Towns goal against Bolton on Saturday, google it, quality finish!

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 2:21 Quote
Matty1347 wrote:
Sometimes you have to go in with your studs showing otherwise you'll end up causing injury to yourself.

lol

what

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 6:29 Quote
thierry henry, still got it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013986
Mobile Version of Website