Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
Retired my old Yari and got a Z1 Coil (set at 170) on the Rootdown.
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
Nice! Hows it feel at 170? I have a ZEB on order for mine !

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
Oh shit... that looks money. I’m considering a 170 fork but unsure of brand of fork. Really leaning towards the Zeb... but love the look of the red fork!

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Oh shit... that looks money. I’m considering a 170 fork but unsure of brand of fork. Really leaning towards the Zeb... but love the look of the red fork!

Slate grey Zeb on the indigo... fuggetaboughit... hawt.

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Feels great at 170, honestly not that different from 160 though. That Zeb will be so sick.. I wonder how long until someone bolts the 190mm version on a 'hawk...

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
postridelacroix wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Feels great at 170, honestly not that different from 160 though. That Zeb will be so sick.. I wonder how long until someone bolts the 190mm version on a 'hawk...

I want to see that. The 'Hawk is on my shortlist. That thing looks so slack, I worry it won't fit on my bike tray rack. My Rootdown already almost hangs off the edge.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
expertfailure wrote:
So many good bikes this year in spite of everything. Awesome builds guys.

Also, lol @ "antique chocolate milk" lol

Pimp

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 21:40 Quote
My primer has three bottle bosses. What's the deal? What do you all use the third bolt for?

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 21:59 Quote
rahrider wrote:
My primer has three bottle bosses. What's the deal? What do you all use the third bolt for?
I saw that ? Was wondering the same thing.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 22:27 Quote
rahrider wrote:

I've mounted the B-Rad system and fit a bottle, oneup pump, and B-Rad strap using the three bolts

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 22:45 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
rahrider wrote:

I've mounted the B-Rad system and fit a bottle, oneup pump, and B-Rad strap using the three bolts

Which BRad did you get? I was looking at the three hoping it would fit two bottles for longer days but they said it would need the BRad-4 - which looks massive. Anyone know if you can run two bottles using the three bolts on my frame? I've got my tube and plug kit strapped to the frame, what is the advantage of strapping it to the BRAD system?

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 23:02 Quote
Having just begun a search for a bikepacking bike (my primer doesn’t love dirt roads the way I need it to) I’ve learned that lots of touring bikes have triple water bottle bosses to allow for “anything style” cages (especially the ones salsa makes). Makes it easy to carry more gear or a big Nalgene bottle.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
rahrider wrote:
Pandalosi0 wrote:
rahrider wrote:

Which BRad did you get? I was looking at the three hoping it would fit two bottles for longer days but they said it would need the BRad-4 - which looks massive. Anyone know if you can run two bottles using the three bolts on my frame? I've got my tube and plug kit strapped to the frame, what is the advantage of strapping it to the BRAD system?

I have a BRad 4. In my Rootdown frame I can only fit 1 bottle. But if you got the side by side bottle mount attachment then 2 bottles will work. I can also fit a large BRad roll bag on the 4 with a bottle. Still have the OneUp pump mounted underneath too

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 8:21 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
rahrider wrote:
Pandalosi0 wrote:

I have a BRad 4. In my Rootdown frame I can only fit 1 bottle. But if you got the side by side bottle mount attachment then 2 bottles will work. I can also fit a large BRad roll bag on the 4 with a bottle. Still have the OneUp pump mounted underneath too

Can you share a picture?

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 8:43 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
Having just begun a search for a bikepacking bike (my primer doesn’t love dirt roads the way I need it to) I’ve learned that lots of touring bikes have triple water bottle bosses to allow for “anything style” cages (especially the ones salsa makes). Makes it easy to carry more gear or a big Nalgene bottle.

Big fan of my Kona Unit. Frame / fork combo around 5-600? Super versatile. Running mine currently with a 140 fork. Love it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022441
Mobile Version of Website