Powered by Outside

Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 7:56 Quote
With the Privateer taking a beating and the bearings being 'playful', the winter stand in is still in good use!

photo

So glad I bought it, it's rather long but has kept me out of trouble on more than one occasion when it's gotten rowdy Beer

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 8:50 Quote
starkle wrote:
With the Privateer taking a beating and the bearings being 'playful', the winter stand in is still in good use!

photo

So glad I bought it, it's rather long but has kept me out of trouble on more than one occasion when it's gotten rowdy Beer

She's a looker!

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 9:04 Quote
Love the Stanton and the marino. Both look Like Trouble!

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 13:40 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
@Nairnster That Whyte is looking sharp!

Thank you so much. It's nice to have an mtb again, and changing the things like contact points that I know I like.

Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 0:12 Quote
Bar throwing on the mudguard, saddle, fidlock, pedals and MT5s, all credit to the previous owner.

I've just jumped on and thrashed it Beer

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 4:40 Quote
starkle wrote:
Bar throwing on the mudguard, saddle, fidlock, pedals and MT5s, all credit to the previous owner.

I've just jumped on and thrashed it Beer

definitely thrash-worthy. I dig it tup

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 6:31 Quote
Do you have the geo numbers for that thing? If those are 29 hoops, it's about as long as an aircraft carrier! Looks sick though, absolutely thrash worthy haha. It's like Jesse's old RSD291, just has that special sauce. Nothing flashy but everything works really well together.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 0:47 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Do you have the geo numbers for that thing? If those are 29 hoops, it's about as long as an aircraft carrier! Looks sick though, absolutely thrash worthy haha. It's like Jesse's old RSD291, just has that special sauce. Nothing flashy but everything works really well together.

It's a 27er, I'm half tempted to mullet it but it might be a bit much. It's a riot as it is, I just wish it rolled a little faster but then I'd get into more trouble lol

Numbers provided when I bought it:
photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 3:57 Quote
Starkle - Mullet it if you can easily. It will be a ton-a-fun.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 9:21 Quote
If you mullet it might i suggest going with less travel to compensate for the angles.

I’m so hyped on the shorter travel slacked out but steep sta ht’s right now. Might be the funnest thing yet.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 9:47 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I’m so hyped on the shorter travel slacked out but steep sta ht’s right now. Might be the funnest thing yet.
Assuming reach is fairly long if it has a steep sta? I'm coming around a bit on the longer reach + short stem combo if the hta is 64* or slacker. I will concede that this combo gives a fantastic steering feel and grip is better than expected with the short stem...I just can't get around that yuuuuge wheelbase, feels unwieldy for anything other than high speed smashing. And steep sta kind of forces you into long reach to get a reasonable pedaling position.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 11:53 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
If you mullet it might i suggest going with less travel to compensate for the angles.

Yep…defo feeling this type of set up atm

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 14:50 Quote
62.5x140* is where I'm at and enjoying it.

*it's a very progressive 140 so more like 120-130

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 18:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I've said it before so I'm kinda repeating myself here, but I'm skeptical about the super steep STAs and loooonnnngggg reaches on some new hardtails, they get even longer and steeper as they sag which I think would make them feel pretty awkward on anything that isn't really steep.

Its like some bike designers have copied fashionable full-sus enduro geo onto a hardtail but haven't thought about how it changes in sag when someone is actually riding it.

Mine has 75.5 static STA and I wouldn't want to go any steeper on a hardtail, that becomes about 77 deg at 25% sag.

455mm reach with a 35mm stem on it is pretty good for me at 1.77m (5'10") tall, but 450 would probably be better. At 25% sag that 455mm reach becomes 472mm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017403
Mobile Version of Website