Powered by Outside

What suspension do you run?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What suspension do you run?
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
mtb55 wrote:

Yeah, you are right, it is personal preferance I guess, but I weigh 160lb and I am happy with my argyle. You can pump the 409 up pretty stiff [solo air] to your liking, but don't let me bother you to get this fork if you really don't want it. Again, it is all personal preferance. I like a softer fork for landing and also absorbing smaller bumps so as to prevent them from throwing me off. I ride dirt and like to flow.

please delete the quotes.
it gets really annoying.

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 18:24 Quote
2006 Marzocchi 66vf2

uber plush
a fair amount of travel (150mm version)
its got enough adjustments for my liking
so far no problems with it

no rear shock cuz im reppin a hardtailBig Grin

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 18:26 Quote
dmanj wrote:
2006 Marzocchi 66vf2

uber plush
a fair amount of travel (150mm version)
its got enough adjustments for my liking
so far no problems with it

no rear shock cuz im reppin a hardtailBig Grin
haha.
legittt.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
kiwi86 wrote:
mtnbker395 wrote:
mtb55 wrote:

Yeah, you are right, it is personal preferance I guess, but I weigh 160lb and I am happy with my argyle. You can pump the 409 up pretty stiff [solo air] to your liking, but don't let me bother you to get this fork if you really don't want it. Again, it is all personal preferance. I like a softer fork for landing and also absorbing smaller bumps so as to prevent them from throwing me off. I ride dirt and like to flow.

it gets really annoying.

bmx er by nature i like it stiff

Okay, now I understand better.Salute

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 20:39 Quote
kiwi86 wrote:
mtnbker395 wrote:
mtb55 wrote:

it gets really annoying.

bmx er by nature i like it stiff
So does my GF.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 20:51 Quote
Velvet=amazing
photo

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
Velvet=amazing
photo

wooo!
she's purddy.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 21:07 Quote
a pike 454 up front and roco rear

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 21:07 Quote
snowtrooperjr wrote:
well its actually proven that a single pivot bike is built for weight reasons. a single pivot wont be as smooth as any other suspension design
well no.
but that doesn't mean that you won't find super cushy suspension.
I ride a big hit.
no complaints there.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
snowtrooperjr wrote:
well its actually proven that a single pivot bike is built for weight reasons. a single pivot wont be as smooth as any other suspension design..but ill forgive you i just realized your only 14

You kinda epicly failed with that thought.
you can make any bike with any suspention design feel good with a properly set up quality shock. the reason my shock is unsmooth is because I got a bad apple, I've blown it twice in the last 4 months. It has always had a clunk in the beginning of the stroke and has just generally felt bad.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
ha these forums get better everyday...you guys dont understand my point..but like that guy said its opinions...just try not to be so narrow minded...maybe youll grow up one day...

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 21:33 Quote
snowtrooperjr wrote:
ha these forums get better everyday...you guys dont understand my point..but like that guy said its opinions...just try not to be so narrow minded...maybe youll grow up one day...
yes i dont get it everyone think ur wrong and that ur stupid because u llike FSR over single pivot(just and example) but that ur opinion and what they preffer doesnt meen ur wrong Madder

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
it's done.
it's not a big deal.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 22:03 Quote
fox dhx 5.0 and boxxer world cups rides liek a dream

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 0:34 Quote
snowtrooperjr wrote:

Your only 4 years older than him, your still a youngster, and you ignorance is hilarious.

Rockshox Revelation 426 dual air

Soon to have a Rockshox Monarch 3.1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012529
Mobile Version of Website