ka81 wrote:
next oring sizes are questioned:

1) metering rod - 2.90x1.50 or ...

2) piston assy 25.80x3.53 or 25x3.5

?..

Most shops will just sell you the kit. 803-00-379 is what you need for the RC4
Nice.. )
I bet you're serious.. ))

Send me an e-mail (aziz@dunbarcycles.com) and I can ship you a kit if you're in Canada. Rodefox has released all their info and kits to the general public.

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 18:19 Quote
Hey all,
Looking for proper ways to reduce damping on this shock. Skip to end for tl;dr.

I got one of these (old DHX 5.0) a year ago and got it rebuilt (because I couldn’t break the threadlocker).

I had gotten it because I thought it would be an upgrade from my OE Vanilla R and not needing a nitrogen charge would make it self-serviceable.

Now after getting it back and riding it, it feels like there’s just way too much damping. My Vanilla had air in it (as evident by squelching) and I assumed that reduced the damping. I love jumps and this DHX has too slow rebound to get a good pop, and the compression damping makes it feel like I’m compressing wet sand (it’s not, a large reputable service business did it).

I also thought the bottom out resistance acted as additional spring rate on top of the coil, not as increased compression damping, so that’s a bit of a bummer too.

Anyway,
tl;dr: It might seem like a complete sin, but is there a way I can reduce the amount of compression and rebound damping in this shock? Like a lower viscosity fluid or should I (gasp) adjust the shim stack? I do actually need it to be more pogo stick-like than touring car-like. My Vanilla R was great, I just wanted that with bottom out protection.

Posted: May 1, 2024 at 13:30 Quote
Update: Spent a day on a jump line, maybe it’s fine. ProPedal knob does a lot (accidentally left it full-on for a run) but kinda wish it was a lever for how I use it. Bottom out adjustment seemed to help (since I needed to add some protection) as well. Maybe it is because I wasn’t on flat ground that it was better, maybe I needed to break it in post-build, or maybe it was something different, but it felt a lot better. Will be testing more on my home jump in the near future to see how it compares now that I have ridden it a bit more.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008508
Mobile Version of Website