bigbrotherbmx wrote:
ianfleming wrote:

Beer
Smile ❤️
good job Beer
Thanks! Means a lot

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 11:42 Quote
flexte wrote:
A new interesting Update on my custom BTM: I went to go pick up the bike after all the delays. I paid the remainder of my balance took it for a test spin and thought all was good. I got off the bike for one lat inspection and noticed 3 inches of the chainstay had been re painted. when i touched it you could easily tell the difference between the factory pain job and the touch up work. I told them to give me my money back and get a new frame. they offered my 15% off the frame but i wasn't having it. If S&M had the balls to touch up a frame before shipping it out then i am not too sure I will ever deal with that company again. If it was my LBS that tried to touch it up I will probably never know. I noticed a small nick on the bars and on the forks but that didn't bother me. it was the idea that someone knew the frame was scratched and tried to paint it and sell it at full price. I know my LBS saw the touch up job. I even asked him on the phone to inspect the frame well before putting the bike together. I know that the bike will get scratched up but for $1800 I am going to be the one that does the damage.

Sounds like your lbs tried covering it up, any pics? I dont think s&m would let a frame go through like that and if they did it would probably be marked or something. Definitely talk to someone though and get it resolved somehow, a brand new build should be mint.. especially since you paid full price for each part. Then again, some local bike stores just dont give a f*ck.

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 17:37 Quote
crs-one wrote:
durza11 wrote:
Anybody else been following the whole commotion about TCU on Instagram lately?

Yes and it is hilarious.
Has there been any reply on Adams behalf yet to Devin's various posts?

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 17:51 Quote
jacobwymer wrote:
crs-one wrote:
durza11 wrote:
Anybody else been following the whole commotion about TCU on Instagram lately?

Yes and it is hilarious.
Yuuup http://thecomeup.com/misc/my-response-to-recent-allegations/

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 18:08 Quote
jespinal wrote:
jacobwymer wrote:
crs-one wrote:

Yes and it is hilarious.
Yuuup http://thecomeup.com/misc/my-response-to-recent-allegations/
Seems pretty f*cking boring and I think it's just a whole bit personal and childish the way everyones acted about it all

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 18:19 Quote
adam honestly seems like a very short tempered, self centred guy, after skimming through that post at least. well articulated but just full of himself, easy to cross the line i guess

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 18:26 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
adam honestly seems like a very short tempered, self centred guy, after skimming through that post at least. well articulated but just full of himself, easy to cross the line i guess

^

Ian, do your clothes come slim fitted for the narrow gentleman who likes his clothes to stick to him? I don't see a sizing chart Frown

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 20:00 Quote
ChrisNop wrote:
flexte wrote:
A new interesting Update on my custom BTM: I went to go pick up the bike after all the delays. I paid the remainder of my balance took it for a test spin and thought all was good. I got off the bike for one lat inspection and noticed 3 inches of the chainstay had been re painted. when i touched it you could easily tell the difference between the factory pain job and the touch up work. I told them to give me my money back and get a new frame. they offered my 15% off the frame but i wasn't having it. If S&M had the balls to touch up a frame before shipping it out then i am not too sure I will ever deal with that company again. If it was my LBS that tried to touch it up I will probably never know. I noticed a small nick on the bars and on the forks but that didn't bother me. it was the idea that someone knew the frame was scratched and tried to paint it and sell it at full price. I know my LBS saw the touch up job. I even asked him on the phone to inspect the frame well before putting the bike together. I know that the bike will get scratched up but for $1800 I am going to be the one that does the damage.

Sounds like your lbs tried covering it up, any pics? I dont think s&m would let a frame go through like that and if they did it would probably be marked or something. Definitely talk to someone though and get it resolved somehow, a brand new build should be mint.. especially since you paid full price for each part. Then again, some local bike stores just dont give a f*ck.

I emailed S&M and explained what happened. I agree and don't think they would be happy that someone could be giving the company a bad name. I didn't mention the LBS and will give them a little time to fix this. the %15 off wouldn't even cover the 2hr drive and $80 in gas and tolls. I am starting to wonder if the missing crank bolt was not what they were waiting on but instead they were waiting on touch up paint. iIcalled them at 2pm on Saturday and they said the bolt just came in and the bike would be ready by 5:30. the bike was already together and I know it doesn't take that long to screw in a bolt.so now have a feeling that they were just waiting on the paint to dry.

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 1:09 Quote
If we lost a bolt for a crankset at my shop, we'd take one out of another crank box and order a replacement for that set, the customer wouldn't be left waiting because we lost a bolt, sounds fishy to me

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 7:58 Quote
Creegz wrote:
ianfleming wrote:

^

Ian, do your clothes come slim fitted for the narrow gentleman who likes his clothes to stick to him? I don't see a sizing chart Frown

man these ones are nice, first time we got this kind cause we wanted to get better quality stuff. They're like the same fit as an american apparel summer shirt.

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 8:37 Quote
harry-h wrote:
If we lost a bolt for a crankset at my shop, we'd take one out of another crank box and order a replacement for that set, the customer wouldn't be left waiting because we lost a bolt, sounds fishy to me

He's using a Profile GDH spindle and they use a unique crank bolt.

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
Creegz wrote:
ianfleming wrote:

^

man these ones are nice, first time we got this kind cause we wanted to get better quality stuff. They're like the same fit as an american apparel summer shirt.

This might be 100% what I need to rep the glorious physique of a 140 pound IT guy.

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 12:26 Quote
crs-one wrote:
harry-h wrote:

He's using a Profile GDH spindle and they use a unique crank bolt.
Do they not stock profile parts/spares?

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 14:36 Quote
Probably not. It's a bolt for one high end spindle. Most shops won't carry something that specific.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031434
Mobile Version of Website