My new mini aurum

Norco Sight A7.1 2016

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 18:13 Quote
fattrick wrote:
My new mini aurum

Norco Sight A7.1 2016

solid choice. I just got the 2016 Sight C7.3

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 11:51 Quote
hey there guys, just wondering if anyone with a 7.2 largely stock could tell me their weight? hoping its under 18kgs Razz

Posted: Dec 31, 2015 at 17:34 Quote
vkom wrote:
goytay wrote:
vkom wrote:

Ye its just that it feels really dead i seem to pick up loads of punctures ect ive got a 400lb coil on it which should be fine for my weight (13st ish) an trying to find a stiffer coil has been a pain tbh so thought i would try another shock the ccdb coil being high on the choice list!!ive got fox 40 fork on the front and feel now there set i can just ride an forget bout them but the back ahock at times feels a let down!!

Odd, im 240lbs, using a fox 450lb spring, i run 25psi front,and 30 psi rear, using butcher dh's. i have 6 clicks of compression,and 7 clicks of rebound, and i never puncture. Maybe, before swapping out shocks,get a fox 5 piece bushing kit,its been my experience that this kit reduces bushing drag quite a bit, so much so that my bike sags under its own weight, it has made the shock so lively, that im thinking about going to a 500 spring.
Yep im running same pressures on conti der kaiser tyres think maybe few more clicks of rebound but will defo look into the fox bushing kit as dont wanna buy shock just for the sake of it ive also found a fox dhx5 which i might put on just for comparison.. Thanks for your input

Its going to be tough to out perform that shock/frame combo. Maybe with custom valving but not just any high dollar shock is going to out perform the vector on a 26" aurum. It is a really good shock design (twin tube) and the valving is excellent for the aurum.I like it better than its big bro the vector hlr. Its nirtrogen charged and much more simple to dial in. I have a 2012 large aurum with my second xfusion vector rc. I am 190lbs and run an 450lb spring at half the max preload. Ususally I run 6-12 clicks of compression from open and 5-8 clicks of rebound from open. The shock bottoms out where it needs to at my speed without any harshness. It stays consistent, active, and every click of the adjuster you can feel. If your shock feels dead it may be time for a rebuild. I notice everything else on the bike more than I notice the shock, which is a really good thing. I basically set the compression and rebound to where I like them given the conditions and location then ride never thinking about the rear wheel, it just works. I feel my boxxer charger damper has much more catching up to do than the damper in the vector on the 26" aurum.

Posted: Dec 31, 2015 at 18:33 Quote
davo425 wrote:
vkom wrote:
goytay wrote:

Odd, im 240lbs, using a fox 450lb spring, i run 25psi front,and 30 psi rear, using butcher dh's. i have 6 clicks of compression,and 7 clicks of rebound, and i never puncture. Maybe, before swapping out shocks,get a fox 5 piece bushing kit,its been my experience that this kit reduces bushing drag quite a bit, so much so that my bike sags under its own weight, it has made the shock so lively, that im thinking about going to a 500 spring.
Yep im running same pressures on conti der kaiser tyres think maybe few more clicks of rebound but will defo look into the fox bushing kit as dont wanna buy shock just for the sake of it ive also found a fox dhx5 which i might put on just for comparison.. Thanks for your input

Its going to be tough to out perform that shock/frame combo. Maybe with custom valving but not just any high dollar shock is going to out perform the vector on a 26" aurum. It is a really good shock design (twin tube) and the valving is excellent for the aurum.I like it better than its big bro the vector hlr. Its nirtrogen charged and much more simple to dial in. I have a 2012 large aurum with my second xfusion vector rc. I am 190lbs and run an 450lb spring at half the max preload. Ususally I run 6-12 clicks of compression from open and 5-8 clicks of rebound from open. The shock bottoms out where it needs to at my speed without any harshness. It stays consistent, active, and every click of the adjuster you can feel. If your shock feels dead it may be time for a rebuild. I notice everything else on the bike more than I notice the shock, which is a really good thing. I basically set the compression and rebound to where I like them given the conditions and location then ride never thinking about the rear wheel, it just works. I feel my boxxer charger damper has much more catching up to do than the damper in the vector on the 26" aurum.

Yep nothing but good things with that vector rc,set it forget it, beat the crap out of it, and it comes back for more.

Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 15:57 Quote
Hi can anyone tell me abit more about my new bike? How much were they brand new? How much is it worth now?

Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 16:31 Quote
You joking? Guessing some peanuts and a bag of crisps

May need to put the name down.

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 22:28 Quote
does anyone know the eye to eye length for the 27.5 Aurums?

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 8:14 Quote
august-nesbitt wrote:
does anyone know the eye to eye length for the 27.5 Aurums?

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 12:49 Quote
i just picked up a aurum 6.3 2014. it looks soooooo nice and i'm properly buzzing to ride it Big Grin

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 12:53 Quote
haz-steel wrote:
i just picked up a aurum 6.3 2014. it looks soooooo nice and i'm properly buzzing to ride it Big Grin
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448352802038902&set=pcb.1736480846588948&type=3&relevant_count=3 here's a photo of it Wink

Posted: Jan 10, 2016 at 10:54 Quote
Anyone has tried running the shock upside down on new aurums carbon?.... (like everyone did on previous aurums)

Posted: Jan 10, 2016 at 11:19 Quote
emilyo wrote:
Anyone has tried running the shock upside down on new aurums carbon?.... (like everyone did on previous aurums)

Not recommended, the reservoir will strike the down tube!

Posted: Jan 10, 2016 at 11:36 Quote
thx Wink
goytay wrote:
emilyo wrote:

Not recommended, the reservoir will strike the down tube!

Posted: Jan 12, 2016 at 21:45 Quote
photo

stoked to be on 35mm now, new WC', and sticky rubber.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013171
Mobile Version of Website